Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tubularbills Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 14 2002, 10:35

Not so much in the 1st movement (the part of the moonlight sonata everyone has heard - those same 3 notes over and over), but parts of the 3rd movement are awesome.

in fact, the third movement is a bit reminiscent of some of mike's super-fast piano playing. The 3rd movement (although it doesn't sound like it at all), has i think the same discrete pattern as Top of the Morning.

other pieces of music by mike have kind of the same pattern as some classical music. one could even compare Tubular Bells or other really long pieces to an opera. i wonder if he had a lot of classical influence when he was younger

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 14 2002, 17:52

Mike's super fast piano playing??

He is really a beginner at the piano, which is sometimes moving, he knows how to use his inexperience with the instrument. There is a part in Tubular Bells II where the piano is pretty fast (he doesn't play it himself in the concert and I doubt he played it without heavy editing in the album).

Som eguitars part of Amarok reminds me of these complicated and beautiful modern piano pieces - Rachmaninov or Tchaikowsky for example.
Profile PM 
Tubular Belle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 15 2002, 03:39

Perhaps our Mike is a reincarnation of one of the famous composers....? Just as long as he doesn't cut off his ear, everything will be fine!
Profile PM 
2 replies since April 14 2002, 10:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net