Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: BBC Radio 2 to have SAILING as "Record of the Week< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 29 2014, 16:34

Over on Facebook, Caroline has announced that BBC radio 2 have chosen SAILING as Record of the Week - guaranteeing it at least 10 plays across various shows.

So, with it's catchy tune ( and similarity to the new Rod Stewart Single) should encourage great sales of the new Album.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 30 2014, 04:53

Good bit of promotion there!

I haven't heard the Rod Stewart single but I can imagine Rod Stewarts voice in the chorus of Sailing. Can't really imagine it in the verse though, phrasing and tune of Sailing just isn't very - Rod Stewart really! Luke Spiller works though.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2014, 07:56

Quote (olracUK @ Jan. 29 2014, 16:34)
with it's catchy tune ( and similarity to the new Rod Stewart Single) should encourage great sales of the new Album.

Apart from the title and the odd lyric, I don't hear much musical similarity with Rod's big hit.

However, coincidentally, has anyone else but me noticed how some slowish electric guitar lines near the end of "The Wind Chimes" strongly resemble the bit of Rod's song accompanying the lyric "we are sailing / stormy waters / to be near you / to be free"
Profile PM WEB 
Marky Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2014, 19:44

Can't stand Rod Stewart, tho my partner says he's the male version of Bonnie Tyler, but Sailing is the one song of his I do like...so fingers crossed that's a good omen...
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2014, 17:23

Quote (Marky @ Feb. 21 2014, 19:44)
Can't stand Rod Stewart, tho my partner says he's the male version of Bonnie Tyler

That is SO correct!

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2014, 06:33

Quote (Navaira @ Feb. 23 2014, 17:23)
Quote (Marky @ Feb. 21 2014, 19:44)
Can't stand Rod Stewart, tho my partner says he's the male version of Bonnie Tyler

That is SO correct!

I'd love to see Bonnie and Rod duetting on a commercial for Strepsils.
Profile PM WEB 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2014, 04:19

In contrast to his other releases Man On The Rocks is supported by a quite good promotion campaign and especially Caroline Monk makes a very good job.
But in this context I don't understand why they don't release Sailing as a single... very strange.
Are the any plans by Universal/Virgin ?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2014, 07:21

If they went to the effort of making a video for Sailing, then why was it not released as a single? on the the charts are now going to include streaming, so does it need to be officialy released?
Profile PM 
7 replies since Jan. 29 2014, 16:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net