Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (28) < ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: back to the cactus< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 17:00

Thanks to Ron for hosting. Thanks for coming Maria and Matt and Leon, and nice to meet Matthew (MVR Superstar) in TL at last - we'll try something more ambitious at the weekend when we have a bit more time.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2011, 18:08

Quote (Alan D @ Feb. 24 2011, 22:58)
You don't like that exquisite summer night, with the dark blue sky and the pink daliphants and the wonderful guitars singing to each other? Gosh.

I love the music, I don't like the general graphical features of that world. It looks a little bit too minimal to me - but then, again, maybe it's my laptop's fault [I don't think I'm ever going to play 3L again here - too many defects!]. About the daliphants, I never actually liked them: they're just flat props, and they look especially flat in Firebeings World, all pinkish and with no distinguishable features. Bah.  :/  Maybe I should've gone to the obelisk and down in the canyon etc. etc.... I will try that next time I get to play with some of you - maybe tomorrow. The hardest thing will be for me to get in there with an avatar - there are very few ones I can actually drive. :D

By the way, it may also be that my enjoyment (or mis-enjoyment) of Firebeings World was cut short by me approaching the ringheads, which caused the firebirds [yes, I know that their name is not supposed to be that - I like calling them "firebirds", after Stravinskij! :cool:] to appear again and take flight. That was game over for me. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 03:46

Quote (Ugo @ Feb. 24 2011, 18:08)
About the daliphants, I never actually liked them: they're just flat props, and they look especially flat in Firebeings World, all pinkish and with no distinguishable features. Bah.  :/  Maybe I should've gone to the obelisk and down in the canyon etc. etc.... I will try that next time I get to play with some of you - maybe tomorrow.

I always thought they could be something really nice to develop in a future extension of the game. A dream that never came true..
They are flat and we checked blurry too in Firebeings World, but they represent the far world's end, they were always a desirable far place to explore before knowing how to trick the barriers down. When we got there, it was like we were able to discover forbidden places.. U know, sense of adventure, it's exciting to find new places.

Last night's game was fun, I enjoyed it. Again with many people, like years ago. It was nice to see u all there. I had a good laugh while trying to release that crazy little bird I *stole* in the indian village... You should have seen it, it was like possesed and there was no way to release it by pressing enter...
By the way, I couldn't remember how to leave the bad world, I could only see two dragons, no yellow thingies and I had nothing to shoot. Maybe the only way out is by f1.

Not sure yet whether I'll be able to join tonight, if I'm home I'll come to check if there's any game on. But anyway, if not today, we'll meet at some point during the weekend.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 04:45

Quote (Ugo @ Feb. 24 2011, 23:08)
Quote (Alan D @ Feb. 24 2011, 22:58)
About the daliphants, I never actually liked them: they're just flat props, and they look especially flat in Firebeings World, all pinkish and with no distinguishable features.

It's not the daliphants themselves that are the attraction, primarily - as María says, it's what they represent - something unattainable. And when one actually reaches them they are as you say curiously insubstantial. Even so, they're so vast, even as cardboard cutouts, that for me they add to the sense of awed mystery that attaches to the place. Tr3s Lunas, after all, is an artificial world.

As for the rest of Firebeings World - gosh, I think it's simply beautiful in that summer evening light. The plants seem to glow, and all the colours seem mysteriously different. It's well worth exploring further.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 04:52

Quote (maria @ Feb. 25 2011, 08:46)
By the way, I couldn't remember how to leave the bad world, I could only see two dragons, no yellow thingies and I had nothing to shoot. Maybe the only way out is by f1.

I don't think I ever found a way out apart from f1. And I can't find any reference to Bad World in the Tr3sLunas Guide - it seems we overlooked it. I'll add an entry somewhere about it.

Can anyone remember what actions trigger it? Shooting the Indian girl is the only one I recall, but there must be more.
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 05:26

To Get out of the bad world..... fly towards the tubularbells which changes to pegasus, fly into pegasus and you will return back to the cactus.

Gary ;)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 05:48

So it's the same as the way out of Good World is it, Gary? I don't think I've ever seen Pegasus in Bad World - mind you, I haven't spent that much time there!

You around this weekend?

Later

Yep - been there and found Pegasus and it works sure enough. I've added a note to the Guide here.

I also tried getting into Space Arrow World (to see if I could still do it) and, by accident while running away from the ringheads at the start, got stuck to Mike's hand. Whereupon, as I was whisked away to Space Arrow World, Mike's hand came with me! Very spooky, space travel with a disembodied hand:

It's not just a fluke - it's repeatable. So I tried getting stuck to Mike's head, and to the white horse, instead, but they don't get whisked away with me - presumably because they don't exist in Space Arrow World, whereas Mike's hand does.
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 09:01

Quote (Alan D @ Feb. 25 2011, 10:48)
So it's the same as the way out of Good World is it, Gary? I don't think I've ever seen Pegasus in Bad World - mind you, I haven't spent that much time there!

You around this weekend?

HI Alan.

I am back home until 6pm Sunday afternoon then i am back to work until next Friday morning.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 09:28

@ Maria & Alan re. Daliphants/Firebeings World: I do understand your concept of what the Daliphants stand for - they represent man's eternal desire to go beyond what is allowed to him, the forbidden fruit - and I say 'eternal' because the concept itself goes back to Adam and Eve in Eden. :D But my point was that the experience of attaining the unattainable, as you say, is far more rewarding if the object itself looks good. Alan, do you remember that time (1 or 2 years ago) where we went underwater in that black sea in Ants World, and then we flew to the Moon and I was hugely disappointed that it was just a flat disc? :) I enjoyed the flight, of course, and I enjoyed travelling back down to the mainland, but I must admit that the whole endeavour didn't leave me completely, wholly satisfied - I'm not sure if you get what I mean. According to my own taste, the Daliphants looks much better in other unofficial worlds, such as Snowy's World... even though I've never been there - I never manage to hide from the owl long enough. :D

I'll be opening up a game tonight (about 22:00 GMT), tomorrow night and Sunday night. Even if I won't actually take part in the game for a while, I'll leave a space open for all of you to meet up, play and chat. Later, maybe, you'll hear my voice... ahem, you'll read my cyan type. :D

Oops, there may even be someone online right now. If anyone fancies a ride... 87.1.179.120 or 192.168.1.20 ... :)

--------------
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 09:50

ok, i've joined in ugos game.

--------------
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 11:56

Thanks very much to Matt above here (MVR Superstar) for the ride and the chat, see you all later tonight (I hope ;)).

--------------
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 15:18

Quote (Ugo @ Feb. 25 2011, 09:28)
But my point was that the experience of attaining the unattainable, as you say, is far more rewarding if the object itself looks good.

Of course... but the thing is that the Daliphant was designed to be seen in a very little size, in the distance, behind the barrier - so I don't  find it annoying its imperfection and flatness and its huge size amazes me.

As I said before, I always thought it would be nice if Mike had the idea of giving more consistance to the unofficial worlds. Whenever I'm there, I see the imperfections, but that's part of its beauty cause they were not really designed to be deeply explored. The potential I feel there is more important to me.

(However, and here comes a secret worry... I'm afraid that maybe he didn't like what we've been doing... looking for bugs in his game... maybe he didn't like our adventures, what do you think?)

Alan, do you remember that time (1 or 2 years ago) where we went underwater in that black sea in Ants World, and then we flew to the Moon

I think I've never done that... sounds good to me.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 15:57

The gates are open, the space is wide,
please join my game and have a ride!

:D

or

I'll join you all later on, for the moment I'll just leave the game open for you to meet. @ Maria: ask Alan about the flight to the moon, he surely remembers it. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 17:05

OK guys, me and Ugo are playing at Ugo's right now, is anyone else planning on joining us?

--------------
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 17:46

Thanks Ugo and Matt - I'll hopefully be back for a longer session tomorrow
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 18:01

@ MVR Superstar, if you want to check if your PC works as a server, please post your IP here.

--------------
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 18:06

ok, ugo can you try to connect to me?

--------------
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 18:12

or anybody?

--------------
Profile PM 
MVR Superstar Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 18:14

ok, sorry guys, have to go, maybe tomorrow?

--------------
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2011, 18:39

Sorry, Matt - "Can't connect to server". :/

--------------
Profile PM 
553 replies since Feb. 12 2011, 16:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (28) < ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net