Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Back catalogue remixes, What albums would you like to be remixed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 30 2009, 06:27

:) after the release of tb on the 8 june mike will be remixing some albums, which would you like remixed? deb
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 09:19

It's easy to answer!

A M A R O K

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 30 2009, 09:36

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ April 30 2009, 14:19)
It's easy to answer!

A M A R O K

In 5.1 surround :-)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 07:34

I'd say (possibly contraversially i suspect)The Orchestral TB.The mix was never that grand in the first place.
  Dunno how a remix would improve Amarok.It's damn near perfect as far as i'm concerned.Might be interesting to peel away some of the layers of music to discover what lies beneath i guess.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 01 2009, 09:37

Quote (The Caveman @ May 01 2009, 12:34)
I'd say (possibly contraversially i suspect)The Orchestral TB.The mix was never that grand in the first place.
Hmmmm, I wasn't very impressed with orchestral TB but maybe a remix would help with that!

IDunno how a remix would improve Amarok.It's damn near perfect as far as i'm concerned.Might be interesting to peel away some of the layers of music to discover what lies beneath i guess.
As regards Amarok, I suspect there are a number of people who would like a remix that removed a certain voiceover near the end, me I'd be quite happy to keep that. I think a 5.1 mix of Amarok could be fantastic and possibly improve upon the original listening experience if done well hence my response  :D

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 11:52

If you have 5.1 equipment it could sound cool.Me,i have a nice seperate system.This is partly a childhood ambition to have a better sound system than my Dad (job done)and partly because i have a really rather small flat and it would be a bugger to find that exact spot for the optimum 5.1 'listening experience'.Plus i really can't be that fussed with it.Quad died a death and 5.1 (despite it's many obvious fans)is really a very sophisticated version of the same.This is just my opinion so don't all rush to the defence of 5.1.I just feel that if something was concieved as a stereo peice then it makes much more sense to hear it as intended in stereo. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 11:56

BTW Maggie should stay!If you lived in North Staffordshire during the miners strike of the mid-80's and are old enough to remember Maggie taking away your bottle of milk at school,not to mention the Falklands, then you'll know why she's at the end.If not then you're kind of lucky. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 01 2009, 13:57

Hergest Ridge! A better one than the two available mixes. If the multitrack tapes still exist I think they could do wonders with modern technology, bringing us a mix free of distortion, over-saturation and noise.
From Ommadawn and on, the production and mixing is so good that it doesn't need re-mixing.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 03 2009, 02:41

:D my pick is hergest ridge, but whatever is  released i will play it on the quad system i have had since the 80s, it will sound sick 5.1 or not! deb
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 03 2009, 10:53

Quote (larstangmark @ May 01 2009, 14:57)
From Ommadawn and on, the production and mixing is so good that it doesn't need re-mixing.

Come on...Ommadawn does deserve a 5.1 mix!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 04 2009, 05:06

:D heavens open, i really love that album, as a remix i think its doable, deb
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: May 04 2009, 14:12

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ May 03 2009, 10:53)
Quote (larstangmark @ May 01 2009, 14:57)

Come on...Ommadawn does deserve a 5.1 mix!

Oh, it propably does! I have yet to hear any album in 5.1 so I don't know. I don't know what it is to be honest.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 04 2009, 20:52

No idea what 5.1 sounds like, i will hang around hifi shops and listen to demos, and not buy just to piss me off, deb
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: May 05 2009, 21:32

I really think a 5.1 remix of Hergest Ridge would sound heavenly.  Of all Mike's albums, this is the one I feel most 'immersed' in when I'm listening to it.

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 05 2009, 22:57

:p hey sm a discerning choice there, hope its on the list, deb
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: May 06 2009, 15:04

When they're done well (in films or with albums),  5.1 mixes can literally surround you - or even fill you - with sound. It's like hearing the music/soundtrack in your head.  It makes for a much more 'subjective' experience.

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 07 2009, 23:30

I may have to update my stereo to appreciate the sound quality, looking forward to the remixes, deb
Profile PM 
16 replies since April 30 2009, 06:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net