Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Avatar Time, What are you showing there?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Harmono Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 08 2005, 19:01

Yes she is actually Eric Cartman`s hand and his other persona, J-lo who is really an imposter called Mitch Connor. Its all Crazy  :D
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2005, 19:03

I absolutely love 'South Park' but I haven't been able to watch it for 4 years since I moved to the Hills because we can't get SBS, are they still making new shows?

One of my favourite lines was when the boys were at the Fair, (the show where all the cows commited suicide, and I vaguely remember references to Jennifer Love Hewitt) and they waited in a line to go on a ride for ages and ages and when they got to the end there was no bloody ride! One of the boys asked, wheres the ride, or whats the story and the attendant said, "That was the line ride". I cracked up. :D

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 13:36

It only took me four months to figure out Alan D's avatar (I always thought it was a man wearing a red scarf, black coat, and green shirt with face in obscuring shadow - quite mysterious, really). Once the moment of epiphany dawned, and being the thread-conservationist I am, I dug up the proper topic to announce my grand discovery only to find that all had been revealed and was now old news. Kinda like getting to the potluck after the ambrosia salad is all gone. Raven4x4x is correct, it's so obvious now! And speaking of obvious... of course Sysiyo's av is the QE2 and not a shark's fin as I previously thought.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 14:55

Quote (Sweatpea @ Aug. 18 2007, 18:36)
I always thought it was a man wearing a red scarf, black coat, and green shirt with face in obscuring shadow - quite mysterious, really

Various people have seen a figure of some kind in it (including a saxophonist! ), but the weird thing is that I've never been able to see it as a figure myself.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2007, 16:35

Now I'm using a pic of myself in front of Buckinham Palace last January.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2007, 08:28

Just to confuse matters - I see TheManInTheRain is using the same avatar as me now.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2007, 12:07

It's three waves. Or three feathery clouds. Or it's just a random symbol. I like it anyway, especially the colours.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Moonwing_Shadow Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2007, 14:51

Mine's somewhat self-explanitory - I'm an Aries! :D

--------------
I'd rather be on Dragonback
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 19 2007, 20:40

So here's Austin, from the Backyardigans. In case you're wondering, there's a list of reasons for this. :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2007, 07:26

Quote (Moonwing_Shadow @ Aug. 19 2007, 14:51)
Mine's somewhat self-explanitory - I'm an Aries! :D

Would you happen to recall where you found that image, Moonwing, and if the other signs are available?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Moonwing_Shadow Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2007, 09:55

Sweetpea, I got the little icon from a site called The Fanlistings.
The Zodic signs are included here. :)
(But I can see that they've changed the Aries icons since I was last there - mine's not there anymore! :p )

--------------
I'd rather be on Dragonback
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2007, 14:37

Thanks for the links, Moonwing. I couldn't find my sign in that style, but that's okay since I'm not ready to change my avatar, yet, anyway.

--------------
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2007, 16:57

im using Timmy from southpark, just cos he is sooo cool!

TIMMEEEEHHHHHH! lol

started as a joke at work where everyone caught timmy fever and started shouting timmy around the workshop

;)

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2007, 01:34

The Timmy head is certainly eye-catching, bugular.

I have noticed that ImAFoolAndImLaughing has a new avatar - a self-portrait, I think?

--------------
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2007, 13:24

Is that MO's lower legs in Taurus 4's avatar? I like it. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2007, 17:32

Quote (Sweetpea @ Sep. 12 2007, 18:24)
Is that MO's lower legs in Taurus 4's avatar? I like it. :)

I was thinking that.
Looks suspiciously like the cover of Incantations, unless I'm very much mistaken.
:)
Profile PM 
New Incantation Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2007, 18:09

My avatar is taken from Mike's "The Complete...Mike Oldfield" CD from ages ago,
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2007, 18:25

I figured I would take this opportunity to change my one..

It used to be a clip of Joe Satriani playing a sequence form "The Mystical Potato head groove thing" - (I used to be on a satriani forum, and I had a Tubular bell as an avatar.. but since then I havent been around that forum for a while, and havent listened to him in years, I didn't see the point anymore on the satch thing)

Now though, Its a little fellow exploring that annoying "x" that coes up for windows users when an image cant be displayed.

Always the creative one arent I  :/

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2007, 21:50

Quote (Ebony @ Sep. 12 2007, 17:32)
Looks suspiciously like the cover of Incantations

Yes, but the cover on my copy doesn't go down that far. *confused*

New Incantation, I only recently got that album, and I think it has one of MO's more attractive covers.

Jonnyw, and here I thought your previous av was you!

--------------
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 12 2007, 22:06

I've seen jonnyw's new avatar before, in other forums, and it's still hilarious.

(I also kept wondering, with mischief, if anyone gets annoyed with my signature, as it seems to refer to what I just said. It's actually something Austin said when he played the role of a king once, but I admit, I do like that "alternative interpretation", ;) )

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
130 replies since June 01 2005, 11:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net