Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Avatar Time, What are you showing there?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
New World Man Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 28 2007, 06:03

My avatar is a piece of artwork taken from the album "Grace under pressure" by Canadian 3 piece mega rock band "Rush".

Thought it was quite an apt avatar as I feel like that poor egg most of the time!!  :O

--------------
Life is a spiral, time is a curve
I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve...
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2008, 06:27

I think Korgscrew's current avatar is very attractive. What sort of guitar is it?

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 22 2008, 07:19

Quote (Sweetpea @ Aug. 22 2008, 08:27)
I think Korgscrew's current avatar is very attractive. What sort of guitar is it?

It's a PRS - Paul Reed Smith.Guess who has got one...hummm,it's Mike Oldfield  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2008, 04:07

Thanks, Tati. It's a beautiful piece.

I've noticed that Scatterplot has a new pic of his dog Eddy as his avatar, now. I right-clicked to view the full size and it's really adorable. I don't usually like seeing animals in clothing (except for cartoon ones), but Eddy wears a sweater quite well.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2008, 09:46

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 22 2008, 07:19)

It's a PRS - Paul Reed Smith.Guess who has got one...hummm,it's Mike Oldfield  ;)

This is the second time that someone has hinted Korgscrew is actually Mike. (The first time I responded by saying that 'Korg' backwards is 'grok', a word meaning 'total understanding' in Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land novel. So fess up Korg: are you Mike? :cool:
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2008, 17:12

I was showing a pic I took on Hergest Ridge, until it was taken by aliens (my pic not Hergest Ridge) :laugh:  :O  :/, but hey I'm wondering if an alien spacecraft did land upon Hergest Ridge, as maybe that inspired Mike to compose the "Martian" section.  It does sound as if there's a little alien talking away on there.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2008, 17:49

Quote (Ugo @ June 02 2005, 23:43)
......... it also represents the way I am. ;)

A short straight guy with a small round head and  - either  - very big glasses or a sex change?

Interesting......... :D

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2008, 08:02

Quote (nightspore @ Aug. 28 2008, 14:46)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Aug. 22 2008, 07:19)

This is the second time that someone has hinted Korgscrew is actually Mike. (The first time I responded by saying that 'Korg' backwards is 'grok', a word meaning 'total understanding' in Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land novel. So fess up Korg: are you Mike? :cool:

I know Korgscrew from a time before, when we both had more time and used to talk regularly. I can categorically tell you that Korgscrew is not, in fact, MO.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2008, 02:35

What's happened to Harmono's pepper av? It's a mere shadow of its former, plump, self.

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2008, 04:50

Right now, my beloved Eddy. A special Maltese/Shit-zoo cross, sweetest little doggie. We play and cuddle a lot. Sometimes I use a cat with a machine gun or "Jules" aka Samuel L. Jackson with a .45 automatic in his hand from "Pulp Fiction". Depends on my mood.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2008, 10:51

Quote (Sweetpea @ Oct. 11 2008, 08:35)
What's happened to Harmono's pepper av? It's a mere shadow of its former, plump, self.

It is really, isn't it. I tried to match the new avatar with the main colours of the board and managed to do that but the result does look a bit washed-out. This could be just a phase, though.

Edit: Actually, now it looks like the colours don't match anymore.

Edit2: Now I found a perfect avatar. It's a picture of a Naga Morich, the hottest chili - in the world.  I have a few of those in the freezer  :cool:
Profile PM 
130 replies since June 01 2005, 11:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (7) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net