[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Avatar - James Horner, Movie score sample< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 19 2010, 19:46

Quote (Dirk Star @ Feb. 15 2010, 09:24)
I`ve grown so incredibly tired of movies that are quite obviously "spun" to be about something else entirely be it man`s destruction and wanton neglect, here we go again.To dear old loveable Tom Cruise learning how to become a better father while meanwhile in the backdrop most of mankind is being scorched off the surface of the planet.You know if they actualy just tried to tell a unique and original story for once,with believable characters.What they would actualy find is that most of the "symbols" and "metaphors" would appear quite naturaly anyway.You would`nt have to "shoe-horn" them in there at every given opportunity,just in case people felt bad about enjoying themselves or something.You know it`s almost become like "and how much guilt would you like with your movie Sir" ? "Oh just the usual amount please,I can barely feel it these days anyway"

And I don't know what's the worst aspect: if it's the "so we're taking big risks with the imagery and the effects here, so let's take it VERY easy on the plot, because Viewers Are Morons", or if it's the "yes, umm, I think, uh, the movie's there to send a big message to the world, um, about how, uh, we need to think about the future, and, uh, it's really up to us to change the world."

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 19 2010, 20:30

I gave up watching movies years ago. They have to be formulaic to make money, and I just don't like formula "art".
Profile PM 
21 replies since Nov. 16 2009, 14:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net