Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Articles request, Articles in their original languages< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
yanouch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 02 2009, 04:47

Quote (Tubular Tos @ July 02 2009, 10:40)
:p  :D  Maybe if you give me the guitar i'll give you the magazines  :D

:/

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 02 2009, 04:56

Quote (yanouch65 @ July 02 2009, 06:06)
What are you interested in? Only interviews or everything about him?

I can see there are already a lot of articles under "articles section"

There are two answers to that question!

What I was looking for when I started was just copies of the articles which are already available in the articles section, but in their original language, rather than the English translations we have there.

But...if you've got other things you want to send us, we're interested in everything!
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 02 2009, 05:06

:) more seriously , maybe i could give you the magazines if you really commit yourself to make a kind of Mike Oldfield's museeum which i think would be not a bad idea because it could be very original and Mike really deserves to have one because in 1973 he has definitively changed something in the music , for the eternity ... and not only M.Jackson , even if he was a great artist too!

You know when i was young i done like you , i collected a lot of articles about Mike but when time has arrived to leave my parents and go to the army , i've put all of them in the trash , thinking , in fact , it was not so serious to collect all about a musician ..... how can we be so stupid when we are young ?

Of course ,i've also kept my two tickets when i was gone to see Mike in Paris at the Zenith Tubular Bells II concert and Grand Rex Then and Now concert !

... and some vinyls too .
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 02 2009, 05:09

Quote (Korgscrew @ July 02 2009, 10:56)

What I was looking for when I started was just copies of the articles which are already available in the articles section, but in their original language, rather than the English translations we have there.

But...if you've got other things you want to send us, we're interested in everything!

;) i'll send to you what i have there !
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: July 02 2009, 05:25

Quote (Korgscrew @ July 02 2009, 10:56)

I send you a private msg......

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 10:40

;) Ok Korgscrew ! Scans sent to you ! I've let you a PM too !
;)  I think there's one of my French magazines already proposed in the articles section . For the rest i don't know.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 09:03

Big public "Ta very much" to the person who managed to get the Guitarist interview from 1984.Korg just PM'ed me.Checked it out and that's the very one i lost.Thanks.
 Mentions the Gibsynth and a certain LP Junior with a 2 octave neck.Check it out.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: July 22 2009, 15:29

What I'd love to see in the articles section is the 1989 NME interview/feature that Mike did to promote EarthMoving. The interview was done by famed NME journalist Steven Wells who actually tragically died a few weeks back. It was by far and away the most entertaining interview I've ever read with Mike. I think up until that point I always thought he was this benevolent ex hippie musical genius but after reading that interview I was shocked to discover he was obviously a bit of a nutcase, but in a cool way (back then)

In it I remember him describing Jean Michel Jarre as Vangelis 'utter shit' and saying how much he 'f**king hated' Gary Newman. I'm sure I remember him also saying something about owning a gun and how he once shot a rare species of duck in his garden and also how he admitted once punching Richard Branson when he caught him making moves on an ex girlfriend. In other words it was a pretty mental interview obviously designed to shed the hippie image most people have or had of Mike back then.  

I think it was probably the last interview the NME ever did with him. I used to have a copy through most the 90's but then threw it out. Wish I'd kept it now.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: July 23 2009, 04:56

Quote (The Caveman @ July 08 2009, 15:03)
Big public "Ta very much" to the person who managed to get the Guitarist interview from 1984.Korg just PM'ed me.Checked it out and that's the very one i lost.Thanks.
 Mentions the Gibsynth and a certain LP Junior with a 2 octave neck.Check it out.

You´re welcome!

;)
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 23 2009, 08:43

Thanks again.Sits in nicely with all the other stuff i had.
 Another thing that would be nice to see reproduced would be the text from the music book Mike Oldfield 10 produced in 83.Again (like the orginal Tubular Bells book)i had it and lent it to someone and never saw it again.Good book and a good biography with some interesting pictures taken by Mike of tours and holidays with Sally (Cooper not Oldfield),Molly and Dougal.

--------------
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 29 2009, 22:59

Found it through Oldfield.de an old but great interview with Mike from 2005,from Galore Magazine:

http://www.galore.de/interviews/gespraechspartner/mike-oldfield

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2009, 13:30

Thanks a lot for that link, Tati...

Enjoyed reading it, it shows some very interesting aspects.  :)

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 02 2009, 14:14

Quote (Starwatcher @ Aug. 02 2009, 14:30)

Enjoyed reading it, it shows some very interesting aspects.  :)

An English translation would be nice to see here in the future.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2009, 07:50

Quote (TOBY @ July 22 2009, 20:29)
What I'd love to see in the articles section is the 1989 NME interview/feature that Mike did to promote EarthMoving. The interview was done by famed NME journalist Steven Wells who actually tragically died a few weeks back. It was by far and away the most entertaining interview I've ever read with Mike. I think up until that point I always thought he was this benevolent ex hippie musical genius but after reading that interview I was shocked to discover he was obviously a bit of a nutcase, but in a cool way (back then)

In it I remember him describing Jean Michel Jarre as Vangelis 'utter shit' and saying how much he 'f**king hated' Gary Newman. I'm sure I remember him also saying something about owning a gun and how he once shot a rare species of duck in his garden and also how he admitted once punching Richard Branson when he caught him making moves on an ex girlfriend. In other words it was a pretty mental interview obviously designed to shed the hippie image most people have or had of Mike back then.  

I think it was probably the last interview the NME ever did with him. I used to have a copy through most the 90's but then threw it out. Wish I'd kept it now.

I can remember that interview,it was certainly an eye-opener.Reading through some of the many obtiuaries for Steven Wells online.They nearly all quote Wells playing tennis with Mike(probably during that interview I would guess)..And then a great line from him in reply to Mike asking him if he was a member of the mile-high club?.."Does wanking count"? was his response.

Most of them also make mention of Wells flying in a plane with Gary Numan for another interview.Obviously going off Mike`s anti-numanoid stance there,I think it`s pretty safe to say they were`nt in the same "Aviaters Club"!Or maybe they were and that`s where all that intense dislike initialy stemmed from?I think I`d kind of like to envisage some sort of Top Gun for Rock Stars scenario going on there..."Oh so you`ve already been in a plane with Gary Bloody Numan.Well I tell you what come and have a look at my tennis court".
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Aug. 05 2009, 15:06

Quote (TOBY @ July 22 2009, 21:29)
What I'd love to see in the articles section is the 1989 NME interview/feature that Mike did to promote EarthMoving.

It´s on its way!

:D
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2009, 16:51

Posted on Aug. 02 2009, 20:14
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Starwatcher @ Aug. 02 2009, 14:30)

Enjoyed reading it, it shows some very interesting aspects.  

An English translation would be nice to see here in the future.

Oh yes, Tati, I got the hint...  but frankly, that challenge would be too big for me. I don't speak English so fluently, a really printable translation of such a long interview would take me a week of vacation...  ;)   That's also the reason why I don't contribute a lot to this forum.... words don't come easy! But usually I go online once a week and read a lot here in this place. Indeed - the next three weeks I'll be absent... going on holiday in the alps.

Hope there will be someone to translate the interview....

Greetings from Germany
Christine
:)

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Aug. 07 2009, 17:01

Quote (Starwatcher @ Aug. 07 2009, 16:51)
Indeed - the next three weeks I'll be absent... going on holiday in the alps.

Starwatcher - when you go on holiday you automatically become the RELEVENT person.

No matter - you go have a good time and enjoy yourself :).

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 09 2009, 00:25

A spanish article from the 70's,taken from mike-oldfield.es(scanned by Huender),finally they're now complete:

Page 1: http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7630.jpg
Page 2:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7631.jpg
Page 3:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7632.jpg
Page 4:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7633.jpg
Page 5:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7634.jpg
Page 6:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7635.jpg
Page 7:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7636.jpg
Page 8:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7637.jpg
Page 9:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7638.jpg
Page 10:
http://p200server.us.es/mikeoldfield/fotos/7639.jpg

--------------

Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Sep. 12 2009, 10:01

Just updated info about a spanish article on Mike from the 70's  ;)

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2010, 09:05

Does anyone know where i can find an article written around the time immediaitely after HR with Mike talking about the problems he'd have recreating HR live due to the amount of doubled up guitar tracks on side 2.Used to have a copy but lost it somewhere.I'm sure it was in the articles section but i can't find it now.

--------------
Profile PM 
48 replies since July 01 2009, 03:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net