Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: are you honest??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 11 2005, 07:32

Of course I'll buy it. I would never download a full album. Certainly not one of Mike's. The only reason I feel comfortable downloading the few tracks that are available is that I know I'll buy it the first chance I'll get.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2005, 08:10

Definitely buy!

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 11 2005, 10:31

Quote (tansy @ Sep. 11 2005, 05:21)
Going to walk into a record shop and buy it.(was originaly planning to order from CD-WOW.)So far have managed to resist the temptation of downloading any tracks from L&S before it's release,so that I can hear it complete for the first time.All or nothing!

You do very well to do that, my friend. I wish I would have!

Some of the comments re:downloaded tracks have very nearly got me to change my mind though.will it prove to be worth
the wait? - hope so. :)

NO NO! It's worth the wait! Just wait...less than a month now! You won't be disappointed and it will only be a better experience for you if you listen to it all for the first time! ;)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2005, 13:49

With only just over two weeks until the album is realeased I'm suprised the whole album isn't out there on limewire etc yet. TresLunas after all was avaliable in its entirety a good month or so before its official release. Is this becuase Mike's popularity is now so low that nobody is even interested in sticking L+S online or because Mercury have been very, very clever and selective about who gets pre-release copies?
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2005, 15:10

i was suprised that i found full new Rolling Stones album only 4 days before its release date. it could depend on what program you use, but that was late.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2005, 06:07

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Sep. 11 2005, 10:31)
Quote (tansy @ Sep. 11 2005, 05:21)
Going to walk into a record shop and buy it.(was originaly planning to order from CD-WOW.)So far have managed to resist the temptation of downloading any tracks from L&S before it's release,so that I can hear it complete for the first time.All or nothing!

You do very well to do that, my friend. I wish I would have!

Some of the comments re:downloaded tracks have very nearly got me to change my mind though.will it prove to be worth
the wait? - hope so. :)

NO NO! It's worth the wait! Just wait...less than a month now! You won't be disappointed and it will only be a better experience for you if you listen to it all for the first time! ;)

You'll be very pleased to learn,that I have'nt given in to temptation and may well be sighted camping outside my local HMV store in the very near future/night before release  .All donations of flasks of hot coffee will be most gratefully accepted for the duration.
There could even be a Harry Potter type book launch party going on,instead of wizards ect,there will be hordes of people appearing dressed in Tubular wear,yeah bring it on! (sorry,just in very daft mood today) ... and moving swiftly back to reality,
Best plan of action while waiting for L&S cd,is to continue to listen to my collection of M.O music,along with some Fan Tracks of course.That'll suit me just fine.
:)
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2005, 06:27

No way, I will not buy it. My mother will buy it for my birthday. But I bet she'll like it more than me  :)
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2005, 18:51

Will buy it. Always do. Want to see the cover properly now!!

Today, I walked past the shop where I have preordered my copy and I thought in just two weeks time I'll be popping in there & collecting my preciousssnessss. What a drive home I'll have!! And it's my day off, yee hah!!! :D

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2005, 19:16

the general consensus seems to be that we will all buy it. Hardly surprising given that this is a forum for fans of Mike.

The discussion on whether it is right and proper to share stuff before it is legally available to purchase has been discussed here, there and everywhere.

My personal point of view is that, if the artist does not lose financially, or has not specifically stated that they don't want something spread for artistic purposes, then sharing for free is good. It increases awareness of the artistes work, and brings enjoyment to the fans. And, often, it actually helps sales by encouraging people to buy complete albums at better quality.

My view may not be shared with everyone, and I appreciate their point of view, and I hope they appreciate mine.

OMA withdrew tracks from his site, and i have noticed other posts that had links to the new songs have also disappeared, so I assume that Mike and/or the new label are being very protective this time around.

So, I feel I am honest. I do not decieve. I do not steal. I do not deprive anyone of what is rightfully theirs.

And now it is just 2 weeks to go until I can hear the new album. from listening to the tracks early, I am even more excited than a month ago. I've re-read some of my posts from then, and I was feeling pretty low about the prospects of the new album. And now I am telling everyone I know how good this will be.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 18:03

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Aug. 30 2005, 01:29)
As Yoda would say, "Buy it, I will".

Or as Gandalf might say, "All that matters is what we do with the money that is given to us".

Buy it I will too.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 18:16

Quote (Marky @ Sep. 22 2005, 18:03)
Or as Gandalf might say,....

"It was an album of Morgoth. A recording of light and shade."

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 22 2005, 18:22

I've bought it from Amazon.co.uk last Sunday.

Waiting...waiting...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
31 replies since Aug. 29 2005, 09:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net