[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: are you honest??< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sonilink Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 09:20

will you download it or buy it?
myself (if someone cares) I will buy it.

--------------
Take the Time
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 09:50

I will most definitely buy it. The only reason I'd want to download it would be to listen to it sooner. It's not stopping the money coming out of my pocket for that official case, disc, higher quality tracks, and sleeve.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 10:04

yes i will buy it, quality is probably the first reason, two discs price of one, that's nice too.. and after buying all the albums, why stop now :cool:

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 10:14

Quote (MusicallyInspired @ Aug. 29 2005, 10:50)
I will most definitely buy it. The only reason I'd want to download it would be to listen to it sooner. It's not stopping the money coming out of my pocket for that official case, disc, higher quality tracks, and sleeve.

Me also.And I'll buy both the first release of L+S as well as the brazilian release(I'm working on that).

And much better to buy the album with your own money ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 11:04

I haven't considered the idea of not buying it, even for a moment.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 11:39

I'll buy it online - it will take ages to get here in Singapore. If I find tracks for 'free' download I may download them for preview listening but i'll definitely buy the album CD :-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 11:53

I have already pre-order my copy
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 12:08

Definitely will buy it,  I've managed to resist the temptation to download tracks before it's released  ;) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Sysiyo Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 12:29

I too will buy it. From a honest, ordinary record shop. The sound quality on mp3's is never quite as good as on a CD, and I want to my music in as good quality as possible.
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 12:44

I'll download it. If it sucks, I'll review it and forget about it. If it rules, I'll go out and buy Takk..., and buy Mike's album with my remaining eyeball when I feel comfortable with it.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 14:38

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Aug. 29 2005, 18:44)
I'll download it. If it sucks, I'll review it and forget about it. If it rules, I'll go out and buy Takk..., and buy Mike's album with my remaining eyeball when I feel comfortable with it.

same here, actually much because I highly doubt it will be worth the money

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 19:41

I'll buy it but after that I'll convert it to mp3 files and mostly listen to those. :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Ostach Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 19:54

I will buy it. With MY own money :cool:

--------------
I stay
I pray
See you in heaven one day...
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 20:29

As Yoda would say, "Buy it, I will".

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 20:38

i have allready order it! So i buy it..
It would be difficult to download cover and nice orginal stuff.
But if there anytime will be a promo album too, i wouldnt think about it, i would download the hole lovely promo thing at once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 22:10

Quote (Alan D @ Aug. 29 2005, 11:04)
I haven't considered the idea of not buying it, even for a moment.

Exactly!

I only ever download music if I want to make a one off cd of my own selections or if I don't know an artist well enough to know if I like them and just want to have a listen. After 5 years, this is the first time I have ever downloaded a whole album and that was some of Pink Floyds because I can't afford to buy their whole back catalogue and I wanted to experience them asap after missing out for 30 years!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Aug. 30 2005, 03:01

I just hope that I can hold my breath long enough to wait for the 5.1 release (if it's not together with the plain CD version) - I'm quite determined not to fall for the record company's marketing tricks again, as I did with TB2003 - OTOH, I'd like to have an MP3 version for my flash-stick, since the way to work and back again every day is a good time for listening - and I haven't seen any portable SACD player yet (and portable DVD players are a little clumsy), so I'd either have to download or rip from CD. Hope that the 5.1 mix will either be a SACD/CD-A hybrid or DVD-Audio with DTS tracks.
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2005, 21:38

Pre-ordered and paid for, just hope CD-Wow are quick to deliver. Play.com always the best, but didn't have it listed.

But I have downloaded all the available tracks already, just couldn't wait. I think a few good tracks let loose early will just add to the actual CD sales, to hear the rest and to get the better quality.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2005, 03:53

No question, i will be paying with MONEY for this album, i am very honest, and believe, as Mike is an artist and has made this album then, he deserves the money for it.
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2005, 05:21

Going to walk into a record shop and buy it.(was originaly planning to order from CD-WOW.)So far have managed to resist the temptation of downloading any tracks from L&S before it's release,so that I can hear it complete for the first time.All or nothing!
Some of the comments re:downloaded tracks have very nearly got me to change my mind though.will it prove to be worth the wait? - hope so. :)
Profile PM 
31 replies since Aug. 29 2005, 09:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net