Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: April Fool's Day 2002 - Tres Lunas released in North America, McDonald< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 31 2002, 21:27

The release of 'Tres Lunas' seems imminent in North America, supported by an agressive marketing campaign. Scan of a McDonald's ad for their new McLuna's hamburgers and limited editions of the 'Tres Lunas' CD-ROM - found in a free movie magazine distributed in theatres in Montréal. More info soon.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 31 2002, 21:33

Is this for real???????????

That is absolutely AWESOME if it's true!!!!!!!
Finally the US will know who Mike Oldfield is and that he is capable of much greater things than even Tubular Bells!!!!!!!!!!

Plus my friends won't be able to say "Mike Who?" and my other friends that I have driven crazy with Mike's music for years and years won't be able to escape it... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... one in particular that I aim that comment at... hehe

I will be at McDonalds all the time if this is true... I cannot wait!!!!!!!!

<And I only eat McDonalds once every couple of months!!!

Congrats Mike... this is a great campaign... I hope this album is as truly succesful for you as Tubular Bells was when it was first released!!!!!!!!

NOTE TO MIKE: This time please talk to the media and don't go into hiding! LOL :P

All the Best!!

Christopher
Profile PM 
freshhh Offline

Posted: April 01 2002, 03:19

It's very interesting!!! But I don't think the same promo will be presented in Russia. :-(((

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: April 01 2002, 11:52

This could be a good way to enter into the North-american market. This promotion seems to be the best way to get it, because McDonald's is a big business around the world and specially in North-america. But will MacDonald's do the same in Europe or araound the world?
With this also seems that Mike is trying to be more commercial, and get the North-american market, which almost do not know anything about him.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: April 01 2002, 12:53

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

That's not funny Olivier!!! I was hoping that for once Mike's record company would do something intellegent and market him properly with something world-wide that everyone would be familiar with. That way Mike would get some much needed exposure here in the states!!!!

However, that was very clever none-the-less! Caught me totally off gaurd!!

Well SHAZAM... LOL :P

Take-it-easy

Christopher
Profile PM 
tubularbills Offline

Posted: April 01 2002, 14:39

Just a note so everyone in the USA doesn't give their hopes up too fast:

the ad was in Montreal , which is in canada (not the US). marketing ads vary from country to country, hell they even vary state to state here in the USA.

so just because something got put in an ad in canada, doesn't mean it'll come to the USA. all though it would be awesome as hell if it did, but i'm not going to get to anxious about it.

for some reason this ad just seems to fake. buy 10 burgers and then get a free copy? why wouldn't they just put it in a happy meal for an extra $5.99 like all the rest of their toys. i don't know. i'm skeptical.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 01 2002, 14:49

So you was able to read my post here christofer before Oliver deleted it?

I'm sorry if I destroid someting for you Oliver but it wasn't that good

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 01 2002, 14:52

Och Aye.....

Nice one Olivier :-)
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: April 01 2002, 14:58

WOW! What an aggresive campaign!!!

I always hated McDonalds, now I love it!

I hope a similar campaign in Europe...

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Posted: April 01 2002, 15:08

OK, I'm tired of removing posts, so here are the stuff I deleted... Many thanks to Hans Claesson who had the idea an did the 3D artwork, I jsut did the text and asked Hans to make the picture look like a scan.
Osiris - 03:36
Looooooool Ha Ha great joke, it's really great picture but -lol again- how mike would sign a contract with mc donald ?...
I don't think Mc luna will have a great success, mc do would have signed with B.spears or J.Lo to sell much more hamburgers, but not with Mike ! But I really think it would have been a great idea (imagine a hamburger with a moon shape !) Loooool
ps: I hope mike will soon finish the new demo of MVR, I can't wait anymore... (57 days before MVR !!)
oldfield_fan - 04:55
Haha! Nice April fool joke!! :-)

/ Johan
Ste van Holm - 06:53
HAHAHA APRIL FOOOOOOL!!!!
Thomas Höögh - 10:17
You do have april fools day in your country I hope. This is a typical swedish joke you tell your friends the first of april.

Personaly I do not beleive this!
zoolook - 10:33
HAHA... nice april fools joke there Olivier!
Really saved my day.
timshen - 10:38
April FOOL!

Well done Olivier!:-)
tbreffni - 12:12
Nice April Fool...heh heh
James - 12:27
WOW now thats real humour. like to meet the person who dreamt this one up its hillarious and looks like its caught a few Oldfieldians out but not this one he he .buy 10 mc lunas oh im on the floor.......help
zoolook - 12:46
ok, Olivier... what happened to my first reply?
theweightless - 13:05
good one...
Billy Corgan - 13:27
Thats the best APRIL FOOL ever!

You fooled me Olivier, well done
Pacha Daddy - 13:39
VERY funny!! And that hamburger looks about as edible as the real deal!

Great April Fool's gag!
Profile PM 
merlin2k1 Offline

Posted: April 01 2002, 19:01

APRIL FOOL's DAY!!??

--------------
Bruce
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 01 2002, 19:01

ok so it was you Olivier nice one and very funny.I can just see masses of oldfieldians coming out of Donalds clutching the prized CD rom in one hand and balancing 10 (READ TEN)Burgers in the other.
When they get home and consume the burgers they explode and are dead on the couch The music from the CD rom is corrupted with bits of half chewed burger.......yuk
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: April 02 2002, 02:52

Face it, you all want it to be true wink
Yeah, it would b nice, new how about some Australian marketing? Oz-Bells?
That was pretty good, Oliver, though. Mean, but funny.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: April 02 2002, 08:10

A problem occured with this topic. Some posts might have been deleted. Sorry about that, we would need a better server but that's too expensive.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 02 2002, 10:25

Ok,so this was an April Fools joke,but it got me thinking about how Mike is going to do the advertising campain for Tres Lunas,i mean,this is not just a music thing,it's also aimed at the computer gaming market,so,does anyone know just what kind of advertising Mike has planned,because apart from the website,there is nothing about it yet in any other media form,or have i missed somthing?
Profile PM 
14 replies since Mar. 31 2002, 21:27 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net