Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Anyone else feeling under the weather?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dirk Star Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 05 2009, 10:02

Quote (The Caveman @ Dec. 30 2008, 09:00)
Thanks Sweetpea.Here's to 2008.Gotta be better than this year.

You might wanna` get yourself a calender to go with that "full spectrum lighting" Caveman seen as how it`s 2009.. :p Seriously though all the best for the new year mate,and to everyone else on tubular.net.  :)
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2009, 10:04

Doe!I've been doing that all morning at work.Can't get my head round it. :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2009, 10:16

Yeah back to work for me later tonight,and I know I`m gonna` end up doing the same thing myself.I can`t get my head round it either,it seems like only yesterday that we were celebrating the millennium,..Where is this century going?
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2009, 14:33

Quote (Sweetpea @ Jan. 02 2009, 04:47)
Quote (Silver Negus @ Dec. 30 2008, 14:48)
help I cant stop coughing and its hell.  oh well atleast I was okay at christmas.

My sympathies to you, Silver Negus. Is it the flu? I imagine such a condition would be especially difficult with a tracheostomy tube?

Yes it is horrible.  If I get an infection in the tracheostomy or if I get colds and such like it's worse, because I can't stop coughing because it's a spasm cough. The tube encourages more coughing, and I have scar tissue also.  The tracheostomy causes indegestion and heartburn , a knock on affect of the coughing.  Sometimes if the infection is really bad I will take all of the tube completely out, so that I can sleep.

What I can't appreciate is that the consultants lied to me before I had the tracheostomy done, although I'm a very switched on person and asked alot of questions before the surgery.  Even now people find it hard to think that it was done for 'precautionary measure' since I was not in danger at that point in time.

I had problems after the operation in which I couldn't breathe in properley and I was just staring at the clock on the wall, while the surgeons just looked at me and said the 'gagging was worrying' and they were telling me to 'try and talk.' Then they realised that the consultant surgeon had placed the cuff of the tube 'too far down my airway, so it was actually blocking off my airway.' My family said I 'looked as white as chalk.' I was in recovery for three quaters of an hour. In the end it was described that there were failures with my care management, but the complaints process was terrible and I was reduced to tears by management and the consultants, who were as you can imagine, very arrogant.  They are taught to be arrogant in these types of situations, and very stoic as if nothing affects them emotionally.

Consultant Francis Stafford who did the tracheostomy said big lies in the complaints procedure, and he said he was experienced and had been doing tracheostomy since 1973.  He said I had no infections at all in hospital, although my medical notes proved otherwise because I caught MRSA and Strep G within three days of having the tube inserted. - And I was due to have my daughter by caesarian 10 weeks later.

He said so many lies and management backed him up, I knew I was at aloss, even with the note about 'failures care management', I stood up and said ' you are a liar and you know it,' and he actually lay his head down on the desk. Then I walked out the door.

Now I've been told that the tracheostomy may be hard to remove due to scarring and the facts that my airways are small anyway, and traceostomy narrows the airway even more.  So unfortunatley it looks like i'm left with something I don't think I should have had in the first place.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2009, 14:54

That sounds like a horrible ordeal, Silver. What a strong person you are for getting through it. So, colds and such must be a complete nightmare. It's a shame when someone suffers due to the mistakes of others, and it sounds like the medical care you received was sadly incompetent.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2009, 15:47

Good for you Silver Negus for telling Francis Stafford where to get off !!

I hope your tracheostomy can be removed successfully.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2009, 21:52

Hey sweetpea,
I hope you feel better soon get some chicken suop, or hot chocolate, hit the heater and turn on some of Mike's more mellow songs you will feel better soon. It isn't much warmer here in Tasmania Australia. We have had only twenty days over 20 degrees, you could say a "cool summer", can't even go to the beach until it hits 25 or over.
Please get well soon, I will hope the cold snap eases,
Cheers, Deb :D
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2009, 11:31

Quote (wiga @ Jan. 05 2009, 15:47)
Good for you Silver Negus for telling Francis Stafford where to get off !!

I hope your tracheostomy can be removed successfully.

Thanks sweet and wiga.
Profile PM 
27 replies since Dec. 07 2008, 06:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net