Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Anyone else feeling under the weather?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 07 2008, 06:14

Sweetpea has a cold since before Thanksgiving Day, and she wishes her sinus drainage and cough would go away and never come back.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2008, 07:53

Get yourself wrapped up there Sweetpea,and plonk yourself down in front of the telly and watch rubbish.Usualy works for me anyway..Between the back end of october,and up until about two weeks ago,I had about three different "colds" on the trot.I`d just get rid of one,and I`d be starting a slightly different one a few days later..Most annoying..I blame "having" to go outside work for a smoke at 3:30 in the morning myself.It`s downright inhuman I tells yer..So ok,I`m smoking a lot less these days,but I`m paying for it snot wise..You know and which is worse??Blowing my smoke out at the poor unfortunates,or sneezing three million germs into the atmosphere every few seconds? See we used to have a smoking room at work,just for smokers.We don`t have a bloody sneezing room though do we,everybody gets a bit...Aaaah what a strange world we live in.

Hot drinks and plenty of tubularcookies prescribed here Sweetpea,and you`ll be back on your feet in no time.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 07 2008, 08:47

Quote (Sweetpea @ Dec. 07 2008, 11:14)
Sweetpea has a cold since before Thanksgiving Day, and she wishes her sinus drainage and cough would go away and never come back.

I can only come up with one solution, alcohol - and lots of it!
It won´t cure your cold nor shorten the time someone is sick -but it makes it a little more funnier/easier..

You could also drink excessive amounts of alcohol and stay unconscious untill end of next week where the cold hopefully is gone   :cool:

I will pour myself a drink now and toast to Sweetpeas quick recovery  :)
Bassman Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2008, 11:59

@ Dirk.  Did you mean 3:30 AM in the morning?
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2008, 13:35

Quote (Bassman @ Dec. 07 2008, 16:59)
@ Dirk.  Did you mean 3:30 AM in the morning?

:laugh: You know what I was gonna type that,then changed my mind for some reason.But yeah.. 3:30 a.m. in the morning, it`s like minus 30 degrees below zero out there or something!?   ;)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2008, 18:23

Thanks, Dirk and prisoner. I wonder if tubular cookies have a good dunkage factor with hot tea??

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2008, 18:37

Quote (Sweetpea @ Dec. 07 2008, 23:23)
Thanks, Dirk and prisoner. I wonder if tubular cookies have a good dunkage factor with hot tea??

You`ve just reminded me of this great clip from comedian Peter Kay.For "translation" purposes this is what a Rich Tea biscuit looks like. and this is a Hobnob.  :D
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2008, 18:49

LOL! "One-Dips" and "Marines"... that was good. And the translation links were very helpful. Thanks. :)

We must have equivalents here in the US, but I actually don't do much dunking, so I can't think what they are. But I always imagine Tubular Cookies would be heavy rather than light. Maybe something like a spice cake or gingerbread, but cut with a tubular-shaped cookie cutter and covered with frosting/glaze/icing.

--------------
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2008, 19:36

I'm sorry you're feeling poorly Sweetpea, but how could that ever compare to "Man Flu"? The worst ever condition known to man - a slight chill and sniffle and men will die... :p

Childbirth? Pulling tapeworms out? Nothing compared to what us men go through. Personally I always go for the "whiskey-for-medicinal-reasons" thing, along with Ommadawn side 2.

As for tubular cookies, M-C (Inkanta) has posted about her recipe here many times. I can recommend them.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2008, 02:34

Thanks, olrac. And, believe me, I am suitably grateful that I am not a man. Hehe.

Coincidentally, I was gifted with a bottle of Southern Comfort today, so I can start applying your prescription. I don't think there's enough to put me out for a week - as prisoner has suggested - but I have to remain conscious for work, anyway. It hadn't occurred to me that "Ommadawn Part 2" might be helpful in dealing with a cold. Do you recommend the entire track or a particular section?

I must have missed Inkanta's recipe but, since I sometimes roam the back pages, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it. I'd expect the biggest challenge would be acquiring a tubular bell-shaped cookie cutter?

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2008, 12:06

Oh man I wish I had included that "tubular bell cookie cutter" in my smart-ass reply to the guy in the other thread that said he's bored with our tubular talk!! I gave him two sweet options tho. Sweeter than cookies......hope he's happy.
Jimbo

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2008, 02:42

Quote (Scatterplot @ Dec. 09 2008, 12:06)
I wish I had included that "tubular bell cookie cutter" in my smart-ass reply to the guy in the other thread that said he's bored with our tubular talk!!

As an example of our keenness, or of our dullness?

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2008, 05:30

The former.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 18 2008, 09:15

Anyone else feeling under the weather?Damn right.I was diagnosed as having SAD years ago so winter is tough.Coupled to having chemical depression (again)this winter is proving to be especially tough.Happy pills ahoy!
I have had so many bouts of full on depression over the last 8 years since splitting with my then wife that i have lost count.However since i now know myself incredibley well because of this i can deal with it pretty well and am able to offer advice and councilling to my poor singer who is currently going through her first bout of depression.She was convinced she was going mad and is scared of everything.The trick is not to let it get on top of you and to keep remonding yourself that it won't last forever and to try to stay positive.As anyone who has had depression knows that is not very easy but it's all you can do.It's a bugger but there's nothing much else you can do except take the tablets and try to keep focussed on the future.
Sorry for the 'confessional' rant but the title of this thread hit a chord.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 25 2008, 02:44

for The Caveman.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2008, 04:00

Thanks Sweetpea.Here's to 2008.Gotta be better than this year.

--------------
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2008, 14:48

help I cant stop coughing and its hell.  oh well atleast I was okay at christmas.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2009, 04:47

Quote (Silver Negus @ Dec. 30 2008, 14:48)
help I cant stop coughing and its hell.  oh well atleast I was okay at christmas.

My sympathies to you, Silver Negus. Is it the flu? I imagine such a condition would be especially difficult with a tracheostomy tube?

--------------
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 04 2009, 18:22

Oh my. I suspect I am coming down with a cold--can't stop coughing, have a fever and headache (but had a flu shot). I treated it the only way I know how--a moderate dance workout for a bit over an hour. It was ghastly, actually.

Caveman--excellent advice, that.  I really think what you say is key. I wonder where I would be without the dance and music and forcing myself to carry on at some points? BTW, do you have full spectrum lighting? That seems to help people suffering from seasonal affective disorder.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2009, 04:44

No i don't but i have heard that it helps.I do get SAD but this time round it's the full on depression.The cycle seems to be i get the real thing (not that SAD isn't i hasten to add)every three to four years.Still new year,new start.I'm full of optimism for this year....HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
27 replies since Dec. 07 2008, 06:14 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net