Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Any news of sister Sally?, Looking for info on Sally Oldfield< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
witchseason Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 20 2009, 02:02

Hi

I've been a fan of Sally Oldfield for some time now but I've heard nothing of her for a couple of years now. Both her Yahoo mailing lists seem to be dead, and SallyOldfield.com no longer exists.

Does anyone know if she's OK? Is she recording? Any plans for another album? For a while she really was an extraordinary artist - check out Secret Songs or The Flame if you can find them.

Cheers all
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 05:37

I also love sallys music, just hope she is ok, her life and family are probably the reason for less pr, she has a busy life, would be nice to know alls eyrie, sal, best wishes, deb
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: April 20 2009, 07:55

She's been I'll from what I've heard. But I have no idea if that's the reason she's kept a low profile. She sure needs an advisor when it comes to internet presence. Her old websites haven't looked too good + they have expired. One of them indicated Sally was as into music as some sort of healing method at the time (ca 2005?).

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2009, 17:59

Im a little sceptical about whether it was truly her, but about a year ago, although the official site was not updated, there was a something about Sally Oldfield giving advice to do with illness and I asked a question and got a reply back about 6 weeks later from someone claiming to be her and that one of her colleagues had forwarded my request on to her.

Ive still kept a print out of the response, and I have to say it does sound like her in many ways, and I do recall what she sounds like when being interviewed,but then again quite rightly I cant be 100% sure if it was genuinely her or not.

In any case I got some good advice anyway
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2009, 18:47

I hope Sally is well again and recovering. If you read this forum Sally I wish you Love, Strengh and Peace. So mote it be. Deb
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2009, 20:56

As far as I know, Sally suffers from chronic fatigue syndrome, and that can be sometimes hard to deal with...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ommadawn69 Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2009, 23:40

Yes I heard as well, through her Myspace account (from an assistant I believe) that she is ill.

But she did release a new album, well it is a compilation but there are some re-recordings and other releases I haven't heard of before. There are some websites you can hear tracks from it.  It is called Cantadora

Below is the tracklisting:

1: Mirrors- Rerecording

2: Tiger

3: Mirrors- Extended Ambient Mix

4: Flaming Star- Private Collection

5: Bird of Paradise

6: Ascension

7: A Land I Can See

8: Flaming Star- Rerecording

9: Invocation

10:Mandala- (Chill-out)

11:Mandala- (Cologne)

12:Mirrors- 2000

13:Mystic Drums- Private Collection

14:One to the Power of One

15:Samurai of the Sun

--------------
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheAlternativeMikeOldfieldGroup/
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2009, 03:58

I think its time I "came out". There was a time I had the "hots" for MO's sister. I did not want to get beat up. But I did like her. So there it is...It was when I bought "Water Bearer". I loved the album, I loved her. Come get me Mike. I hope your sister is alright, but hey...you can't blame me huh?
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2009, 04:19

I did a google search on Sally Oldfield. All I came up with is that it might be some kind of depression. Thats all i could find in 5 pages of search. Boy, I know that well....since I left you Tubes some sucky letters about me and "Holiday Syndrome" (google it) I know her and her brother well. No wonder I love their music. I said it before and I'll say it again......It is full of "anxiety". Mike took Valium(Xanax had not been invented yet), I know it well. Look at the anxiety-filled transitions in TB1, HR, and Ommadawn. And SO's music. There is a family tie here. And I empathize to the point of sweat(litterally).
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2009, 05:55

Aww Jim that is so sweet! I reckon Sally would feel brightened knowing you fancy her! Knew you were a romantic! Back on topic, Sally the black dog is truly debilitating, like there will never be a reason to be happy again. I empathise, I just had a major meltdown for most of this year. One day at a time Sally, baby steps. Deb
Profile PM 
ommaGeddon Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2009, 13:46

I always thought Sally was cute too!  :)  Hope she gets well soon!
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2009, 18:08

I will always be so amazed by her beauty and the likeness of Molly to her aunt when she was young .

And the vibrato in her voice is the same one of Mike's left hand .
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2012, 03:36

Any news from Sally? She's turning 65 this year. Is she retired now?
I sure hope she's well. I heard sad news about chronic fatigue syndrome the other day. A norwegian research project that seemed to have come up with a a cause and possible cure for the disease has been binned due to faulty research methods. So the illness is still a mystery....

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Jan. 02 2012, 19:05

An article published November 2001, where Sally talks about music and the experience with her own illness

http://www.positivehealth.com/article....insight
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 16 2012, 09:29

in 2010 Terry Oldfield released Silent Night Peaceful Night http://www.amazon.com/Silent-....45K0KMY
This CD creates an atmosphere of peace and serenity that will bring you back to your childhood memories of Christmas time and the joyful feeling of the winter holiday." -- Honey Harris, KBAC
Sally Oldfield appears on this album ;) i really like Ave Maria

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2012, 17:09

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Nov. 30 2009, 00:08)
And the vibrato in her voice is the same one of Mike's left hand .

The thought had never occured to me, but wow, yeah, you're totally right.
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: May 28 2012, 14:03

If someone is interested: Sally Oldfield is going to release a new download compilation on June 6th.

It includes songs from her albums In Concert, Strange Day In Berlin, Instincts, Natasha, The Flame, Three Rings and Secret Songs

All featured albums are unavailable in Europe now and there are two tracks Mike is involved:
Break Through The Rock (guitar)
No Heart (credited for "advise & input")

Sally Oldfield - Arrows Of Desire

>>> By the way.... I have everything by Sally but still looking for some "extended & remixed" versions. If someone is a "fan" please let me know. Thanks
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 28 2012, 15:12

Quote (stpaul @ May 28 2012, 20:03)
All featured albums are unavailable in Europe now

Where are they available? Just curious!
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: May 28 2012, 15:40

Quote (Holger @ May 28 2012, 15:12)
Quote (stpaul @ May 28 2012, 20:03)
All featured albums are unavailable in Europe now

Where are they available? Just curious!

You can still buy the re-mastered editions (Japan) of her recordings with Bronze label but they are very expensive:

Water Bearer (1978) / still available international
Easy (1979) / still available international
Celebration (1980)
Playing in the Flame (1981)
In Concert (1982)
Strange Day in Berlin (1983)

Femme (1987) / still available in Germany

These recordings are not available anymore:

Instincts (1988)
Natasha (1990)
The Flame (1992)
Three Rings (1994)
Secret Songs (1996)
Flaming Star (2001)

And there some compilations you can still buy

These are the few download albums:

Amazon UK

Amazon Germany
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 29 2012, 15:01

Wow, I had no idea. Is there really so little demand for her albums that they're going out of print, or are there some other factors involved? I mean if David Bedford albums get remastered and re-released... don't get me wrong, I love David's stuff but I would have thought the market for Sally's albums would be much bigger.

Maybe that is a naive way of looking at it though, I know the music industry is more complicated than that.
Profile PM 
28 replies since April 20 2009, 02:02 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net