Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Any advices please ?, about my next guitar !< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 15 2008, 10:52

;) Hi from France ! Could someone give me some advices about this guitar ? Is it a good guitar ? Surely not really good because it's a cheap guitar and Cort is not a great brand guitar but surely better than my "F...." Jim Harley always out of tune !

Cort Zenox Z22 Walnut Satin .. a nice look between Godin and PRS , my two favorite brand guitar ...but too much expensive for me . Fanny , my wife , is ok to let me buy this new guitar plus the TonePort Gx from Line 6 ( or the JamLab from M-audio , i've not decided yet what i'm going to choose )

http://en.euroguitar.com/guitar/cort/zenox/z22-zenox/116043.html

Thanks to you guys !

;-)
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2008, 18:02

Lets see, 186 pounds would be pushing $400. For that, I could either go around the corner or go to musiciansfreind.com and get a decent Epiphone Les Paul, -maybe- with a little more money a Fender mexican strat.  But to be honest I think a Squier Strat sounds better than a mexican strat, and its less, about $179 any day. I know your not in the US but this came up before in another thread, about it being hard on shipping from musiciansfreind.com to outside the US............

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2008, 18:22

That was interesting. I never bothered to look around on a euro instrument site. There was an Ibanez there that cought my eye. You've probably browsed that entire site and saw it, for about the same price, black with a gig bag included. Here's what I would do:

http://en.euroguitar.com/guitar/squier/affinity-maple/113475.html

I had one of these about 4 years ago, same color but with rosewood fretboard. I just had to have a blonde American strat, so I traded it up. To be honest, no change in sound or feel. But I also like a lot of FX......anyway, my advice is pass on the one you provided the link to....it seemed a little risky. Stick to names everybody in the world trusts like Ibanez, Squier, etc.....
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2008, 18:33

Actually I just read a good review on your Cort Z22. I dunno, the site your looking at has an ample selection, no Epiphones tho. Just read a lot of reviews first before buying. But the Cort Z22 looks good here:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews....ex.html

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2008, 04:42

;) Ok Scatterplot ! Thanks a lot for your answer ! Yes i know that Squier and Ibanez are good but Squier makes Telecaster or Stratocaster design and i didn't want a guitar like these because i already have one ( strato like ) ; i would like to get a different guitar so i've found one Ibanez GAX 30 really nice with a look  near to the SG but after searching again i'm dropping by the Cort and fallen in love with it .

I've read somewhere that strings thru body are good for the sustain and keep the strings tuning .

Hope you'll understand my limited English !

Philippe
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2008, 05:42

Dude, the last thing I said was the Cort got great reviews from what I read. Looks fine and dandy. May you both be happy.
Jimbo

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2008, 07:18

Téléphone à Chandler guitars. Peut-être que Mike a décidé de vendre sa PRS...

:D

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2008, 17:17

Quote (yanouch65 @ Aug. 17 2008, 07:18)
Téléphone à Chandler guitars. Peut-être que Mike a décidé de vendre sa PRS...

:D

:) Non justement je dis que je n'ai pas les moyens de me payer une guitare comme ça , en plus ce serait inutile car je ne joue pas assez bien pour une PRS ou une autre guitare de qualité irreprochable !

No, no ! Of course i would have loved to play or try to play with a Mike's guitar but i said that i can not afford to pay me a guitar like that and  this would be useless anyway because i'm not playing well enough for a PRS or another guitar quality package!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 26 2008, 22:08

I think you've probably already long since bought the guitar, but I thought it would be worth adding, just in case anyone else looking for advice reads this, that some Epiphones are built by Cort. There's a way of telling what company built the guitar from the serial number, though I'm not enough of an Epiphone expert to remember exactly how - I think it's as simple as it starting with a C, though. Samick make a lot of Epiphones too; their own brand Greg Bennett guitars look interesting, though I've never tried one.

I think it's always best to go and try one if you possibly can - and buy the one that you try (rather than going back and ordering the same model online after trying it out in a shop); you can never be sure if any of the others coming off the production line will be as good. With higher priced instruments, you'd hope that the quality gets more consistent...still, even a very experienced builder admitted to me that having an instrument custom built was more risky than buying a finished instrument, as with all the best will in the world, it couldn't be guaranteed 100% for certain what the end result would be like...well, I trusted his judgement, and what he eventually built was superb, and just as we'd both hoped, but he was right, you can never be completely sure until you've held it in your hands...
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Oct. 26 2008, 22:54

;) I didn't know for Epiphone but i knew for Ibanez ! ....Yes you're right , serials starting with C are produced by Cort .... and you're right too about to try a guitar before buying it but i'm too shy and i dare not playing guitar in front of everybody because i play really in a "basic way" ..two or three chords , some simple melodies and i'm happy like that , i believe i'm a musician ! That makes me feel better !
Profile PM 
9 replies since Aug. 15 2008, 10:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net