Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Another chant...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 21 2000, 15:38

Hi everybody. Here I am again with another chant... smile This time I'm talking about "Taurus 2" from Five Miles Out. Of course I do NOT refer to "Hush now baby..." etc., but to the disco-"Guilty"-style section starting from 16'47'' and ending at (about) 19'59''.There is a chant in it. There's no point here in trying to identify the language because the lyrics are plainly meaningless...something like "Sana Rosana Na Robinda Wa...", very close to what Miriam Stockley sings on the Adiemus recordings [Does anyone know about these?]...but I'd like to know if someone out there is willing to help me in writing the whole thing down.

Thank you.

[This message has been edited by Ugo (edited 05-21-2000).]

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: July 31 2000, 18:41

I don't have FMO, but very soon I will

I know about the Adiemus recordings as I played African drums along with lots of other people from my school in the Tintabulum section of Adiemus Songs of Sanctury
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Aug. 28 2000, 20:12

Now that I've heard the chant I can say something useful to you!

This is all from memory so it might not be correct. Here's the first part of it

Sa-na-ro-sa-na-roo-bee-rar-ny-ra-na
Sa-na-ro-sa-na-roo-bee
(x2)

--------------------------------------------

this is off-topic, but since you mentioned it I realised that there aren't any lyrics in the Adiemus recordings. In the sound-on-sound interview Karl Jenkins said he didn't want the words to convey any message, just have them used like an instrument. Which is what MO has been doing. Anybody tried to work out the vocoded lyric bits in Taurus II? No, because they are just hums or 'do-wap'-like accompanying bits

I hope it helps. Don't you think sometimes when you hear the Ommadawn chant you can hear the word 'Enya' in it or 'EƱana'
Profile PM 
mirwais57 Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 03:52

i've never noticed the chant in Taurus II.

--------------
http://www.mp3.com/57_13/
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/57_ttpo_13/

NB: Avatar = Mirwais himself.
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since May 21 2000, 15:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net