Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: And... what about the music...?, (Apart from MCs and remastered versions)< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TOBY Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 04 2002, 14:53

Mike has said in a few interviews he is planning to replace all the old organ parts of the new TB with real string sections. Maybe he won't in the end ( personaly I hope not) but thats what he said.

ps Sorry chaps I really can't stand Rick Wakeman but each to their own and all that.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2002, 04:25

Well, that's news to me. I don't think he will, the samples from the interview reminded me how close to the original it will sound. It is very unlikely that such a close copy will become an 'overblown monster', though I would like to see the "Grand Piano..." bit being a bit more grand than it was on the original album.

I do think that this will (hopefully) inspire him to greater heights then he already is at. All this talk of amazing guitar riffs and long instrumentals should give him inspiration for another masterpiece. At the very least, it should get him some publicity here, I might even be able to get it within 6 months of the release date!  ;)  Seriously, I am wondering it I will EVER get to hear Tres Lunas. After the new year I'll start looking for mp3s, I am that desperate.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2002, 13:24

Does Australia not have its own Amazon? If not both Amazon.com and Play.com ship internationaly, I've bought various things from Amazon.com and had them sent over to the UK no problem so I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem to get stuff sent down under.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2002, 03:29

I have looked on several Aussie sites, and Tres Lunas isn't anywhere. If I were to go to Amazon.com, Tres Lunas would cost $22.99 american, which is over $40 Aussie dollars, plus postage, which I imagine would make it around $50 for the whole thing, which is very expensive.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Nov. 08 2002, 13:21

Have you tried Play.com I'm pretty sure they ship internationaly and had it for sale for 8.99 British pounds ( whatever that is in Aussie dollars ) with no postage and packing costs.
Profile PM 
24 replies since Aug. 23 2002, 07:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net