Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: And Mike Oldfield said..., New info on new MO remix.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
clubbedougan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 31 2002, 14:40

Super super site, well done, very cool forums.

OK here's the news, last night while watching the end of Rob Dougan's 'Clubbed To Death' video on MTV UK's 'CHILLOUT ZONE' came the 'Hardfloor mix' of Mike Oldfield's 'Let their be light', a stunning video of animation quite obviously taken from his Music VR. The remix is OK, but has nothing on the video, a real piece of classy work involving a dragon and other parts of Oldfield's wild world.

For any more info or even vid caps,

info@robdougan.net

Michael McGarrity

http://www.robdougan.net

--------------
Where will we go when we grow old?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 31 2002, 16:24

There's a dragon in the Let There Be Light Video (along with manta rays and other things) - don't know if this is the same image that accompanies the remix, but it sounds like it could be. If so, it's pre-Music VR, though Mike had already begun experimenting...
Profile PM 
clubbedougan Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2002, 18:08

Thanks for that info, does this feature on Tres Lunas, my dad has most albums from Mike, and I've got the Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn. I sure hope this gets a release, the Bryce type graphics are wonderful,

Michael

--------------
Where will we go when we grow old?
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Aug. 31 2002, 19:20

..and there was light..umm mike's music on mtv..what the ****..i wanna see it..i'm drunk again, don't un derstand all that you wrote :xmas:

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 31 2002, 22:55

The Let There Be Light video was included in the interactive section of The Songs of Distant Earth (on later versions, anyway) - you can still buy it, but it's only playable on a Macintosh computer (though there are ways around that).
The video won an award for its computer effects (what award it was, I don't know...)
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Sep. 01 2002, 06:49

yes..that one..i tought that they've done something new..anyway, cool video it is  :cool:

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
5 replies since Aug. 31 2002, 14:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net