Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Anamorphosis< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
tamas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 22:17

I wonder if anybody noticed yet that the image on the disks, with the face and hands of Mike is an anamorphotic picture.

Anamorphosis, an optical trick was very popular in the 16th, and 17th centuries. It means that a distorted image (usually a face, or some other object) that is painted on a curved surface, becomes normal again, if you put a special mirror of the shape of a cylinder or pyramid in the middle of the curved form. (In this case in the middle of the disk). The „good” picture thus becomes visible in the mirror. Nowadays there are some books for children where you can find such images, and you can „decipher” them with a reflecting piece of folia that comes with the book. I wonder why they didn’t put such a folia in the CD? (Altough I will try to construct one for myself! :)

http://www.anamorphosis.com/
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 30 2005, 22:21

Another example is the cover of Rick Wakeman's No Earthly Connection.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
1 replies since Sep. 30 2005, 22:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net