Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: analogue or digtal? Your preference< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bee Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 04 2006, 18:21

This is not especially Oldfield related, but I wanted to share it & hear your views...we have recently been given an old clock. It's not terribly attractive, rather plain, just kind of honest-looking, ie it tells the time, with plain old style numbers on a round face in a dark wooden case. It was given by a family member so it is quite special, but it has the most wonderful sound when it chimes. I don't know what  it is about it but it has changed the atmosphere in the room. It makes everything still. There's a kind of magic about it. Or it's as if it has life. It has a soft and gentle tone with a barely audible tick. I was not prepared to be held quite so in it's spell. Clocks are everywhere, more often than not in the digital form these days. This one is doing more than just marking the passage of time. I wondered if anyone else feels the same?

I thought it was maybe something to do with the fact that it is a real sound, physical. I remember this subject often comes up in one form or another here, Lps v Cds etc, the recording & making of sound ,it's just another aspect of the subject I'm interested in hearing about from people around the world.
Tempus fugit :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
0 replies since June 04 2006, 18:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net