Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok Unveiled - Full Band Score< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ThisName Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 13 2011, 15:12

I have posted my final Amarok video diary which showcases the final bound score of Amarok. It is something I am incredibly proud of and want to thank everybody who supported me during the 3 months that I was working on it.

It totals 1826 bars and the number of pages as well as the winner of the competition will be revealed within the video diary.

I plan to upload some high quality photos soon as the quality of the video is rather poor.

Would be great to hear from you all and your opinions on the final product.

Cheers all.

Ryan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVSGNOsH9MM

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Sep. 13 2011, 15:43

Wow. That's a *lot* of work! Got to say I love the simple but effective design of the cover. Just right in my opinion. Thanks for the diaries, I've enjoyed them! Won't spoil the competition result but a deserving winner :D

Gus, over to you? I'm sure it wouldn't be just me that would be interested in hearing you playing this?

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2011, 16:46

Many congratulation!! (again) on your reaching 30 young Ryan, just in case you have not opened your mail today.

Have you kept a tally on the total hours involved in this master piece? as if we said its 3 months & divide this into 30 it equates to one 120th of your life so far, yet I would like to think your effort will now live on in print hopefully for ever in this work, this name Ryan Yard will now be linked in writing to the work Amarok by Mike Oldfield as transcribed by Ryan Yard for man to read it's notes in the future, thus it is now a piece of written history & in that you should be very proud of yourself I think we all will agree.

Thank you Ryan for sharing this epic journey with us it must of been a view to peak at when you reached the summit & saw it wrapped in it's binding all finished.

Where now? do you go? we wonder what great feats await but what ever you do I wish you good luck.

Stay HAPPY!
Cheers I1...
PS. 300! cor blimey I will never trust a teacher again! I want my apples back & not just the cores  :D  :laugh:

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2011, 19:25

Quote (Matt @ Sep. 13 2011, 15:43)
Gus, over to you? I'm sure it wouldn't be just me that would be interested in hearing you playing this?

Yes, it is a wonderful transcription. Ryan did a superb job, and I currently have a case of Amarok fever myself.

I've already arranged and learned the first 315 measures (slightly over 10 minutes into the piece) for myself and a bass player to play. My love for Amarok grows with each measure I learn.

I'm doing something similar to what I did with Taurus II, but as Amarok is a much more complex piece of music, I'm pushing my left hand to play other instruments' parts so that as many parts can be included as possible in my performance. Between my bass player and I, we are covering most of the parts, not including the sound effects. It is really a stretch for my brain to include as many harmonies and counter-melodies as possible, and it is difficult, considering that most of the parts I am playing were originally written for guitar. But it is very enjoyable and rewarding. Once we learn and rehearse the rest of the piece, which I anticipate may take the next 2 months, we will be performing and filming a live performance.

Later, I will do a full studio recording of the piece, re-instrumentized and re-arranged for keyboards.

Again, special thanks to Ryan, who I would suggest you all utilize for music transcription needs, Mike Oldfield or otherwise. Ryan and I are already discussing possible transcriptions of The Wind Chimes and QE2 material early next year.
Profile PM WEB 
ThisName Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 15:17

Hi all,

Just a short video set to the first 6 minutes of Amarok which features some images of the full band transcription. Best watched in 720 (looks a bit funny any higher)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtzAXm9jV1s

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 15:52

:) Congrats to you Ryan ! What a fantastic work you made !!! Very nice book !

..and congrats to OlracUk too !  ;)
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 15:59

Woooo - look at all those hundreds of bars - you're a clever guy Ryan!

Worthy of a PHD I think.  

Good Job!    :D

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 17:23

Wow What a labour of love.
Well done Bro  :)
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Sep. 14 2011, 18:17

utterly amazing, Ryan, be very proud

...to actually 'see' Amarok is quite something, until now I'd only ever listened to it, (I'm not a musician)

so now it would be possible to get a group together to perform it?

Amarok will forever be a favourite of mine...up there with Ommadawn and Tubular Bells...so to see that someone has devoted so much time and attention to it is nothing short of heart warming.

Many congratulations  :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
ThisName Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2012, 13:19

A final reflection on Amarok with quite a few sample pages. Sadly its all on its side so try to tilt your viewing device if you can as I don't want costs for neck injuries ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....re=plcp

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
ThisName Offline

Posted: Oct. 28 2012, 16:46

For those that are interested, I have made available for the first time - Extracts from Amarok - an 82 page PDF taken from the 250 page full band score.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm....5.l2649

--------------
www.ryanyardmusic.com
Profile PM 
10 replies since Sep. 13 2011, 15:12 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net