Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok Player Tracklist< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Delfín Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 22 2001, 18:59

I listen to you all to know some track titles from Tubular Bells and others... Where can I find them...? What´s the Amarok Player Tracklist? How can I see it?
Thanks and happy year 2076.

Delfín wink

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Man In Rain Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2001, 03:35

Hi! I've downloaded Amarok Player as a Winamp plugin from:
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d8sunch/winamp/gen_amarok12.zip

Here are additional tracklist files, with ALL MO albums:
http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d8sunch/winamp/amarok_trk.zip
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2001, 04:53

OK, but what is the Amarok Player? All I know is that it has the section names for the long instrumentals (eg Southern Silver). So can someone please explain to me what it is?

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Man In Rain Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2001, 11:03

Amarok Player is not a music player software (like Winamp), it is a freeware program which recognizes a track (by its title if it's a mp3 or by its length if it's a CD-audio track) and displays in a little window the title of the part (if you've downloaded the tracklists). I gave a link to a Winamp plugin. Download it and the tracklist, install as described in the readme and you will instantly understand. If you will start Winamp and play some Oldfield, an other window will appear and display the sub-song titles as the track advances. You can also edit tracklists.
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 23 2001, 18:22

You might also check http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d2goran/ .

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2001, 06:29

Thanks guys. That's answered my question perfectly. Is it really a necessary thing to have though, is the only innovative thing the section names?

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 24 2001, 17:12

If you want to discuss a topic that starts like 'Listen to Lion (Amarok)...', then Amarok Player is a MUST. Because it takes you to the subtrack with one click.

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2001, 04:04

Hi all

I've downloaded WinAmp, Amarok Player and the tracklists Man in Rain gave a link to. I played Ommadawn from my CD drive in WinAmp. I got a sectionlist for Part One. Nothing for Part Two. The tracklist for an Elements CD for On Horseback. Is this right? Isn't there a sectionlist for Ommadawn Part Two, and why doesn't the Ommadawn Tracklist have Part Two and On Horseback on it? Is this right? Or is there something wrong with what I've done?

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Man In Rain Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2001, 08:48

Well, it seems that the plugin is mainly for mp3s. I usually listen to the CDs on a discman and have them grabbed as mp3s in my computer. If you listen to audio CDs in the computer, you should try to download Amarok Player as a CD-player software and not a winamp plugin:
http://www.thefreewaresite.com/directory/Sound_Utilities/

Note for the Winamp plugin: this recognizes mp3s only if the mp3 tags (file infos) are equal to the title in the tracklist files. For example, if the tag is 'Ommadawn Part II' it won't recognize it, but if it's 'Ommadawn Part 2' it will. Open the tracklists (*.trk) with Notepad to see the title.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2001, 19:15

Whoops!

WinAmp= mp3 player
CD= CD

How could I be so stupid? (Everybody chorus now: because it's you, Tim)

Thanks Man In Rain, for answering such a blindingly obvious question.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2001, 17:02

And is there any way of finding that titles having no mp3-reproductor or computer...?

Thanks
Delfín

--------------
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2001, 15:59

Oh, and of course, THANK YOU for the great amount of help received.

I love ya!!! wink

Delfín

--------------
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2001, 11:20

wink hmmm well Carsten, it seem everybody uses AmPlayer now wink
A loooong time ago, I used to post a question about standardization of AMtracklist, because everyone can create a 'non standard' tracklist for each album.... I still think that we all should share the same files .trk, just to be agree about timing and subtracks name... think about it...
Cheers all, long time no see
GMOVJ

PS: btw, I tried AP plugin for WinAmp... yek ! I don't like it at all... I still recommand to use AP Program with CD : it work perfectly...as said before :You should check http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/~d2goran/[/i] .

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
Man In Rain Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2001, 12:39

For Delfín: you asked if you can find those titles without a computer. Well, I have an idea. For example: Amarok. Let's say you want to find the titles using a normal CD-player. You should try the following:

1. Grab the whole track in .wav format in your computer. You can use some music grabber from the net. Or download it in mp3 format and then convert it to wave. OK, now you've got Amarok in wave format on your hard disk (about 600 MB).
2. Load it into some wave editor (like Magix), and split it into several parts according to the Amarok Player tracklist, so if you play these parts one after another, you hear the whole Amarok without gaps.
3. Burn these files on a CD-R as audio tracks without gaps between them. Then listen to it in a CD player and so you can find a certain part in the music.

I think it's very hard to make and requires a lot of skill and patience. I didn't (and won't) try it, but I think it should work. smile
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 07 2001, 16:42

Unfortunately, it won't work. because of the way computer CD recorders work, the individual tracks just won't line up exactly - there'll be a very tiny gap in between them all (although this may be related to writing in 'track at once' instead of 'disc at once' mode...something I've not delved into).

If you're running a windows computer, there are instructions for making a multiple-track Amarok CD at www.oldfield.dk in the 'tips' section.
Profile PM 
14 replies since Jan. 22 2001, 18:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net