Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok on the iPod / iTunes, 6 seconds missing!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
LivingForever Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 25 2006, 08:51

Something odd - I listened to Amarok on my iPod last night for the first time since ripping it, and despite the fact that the MP3 file is correctly 60:02 long, iTunes only shows it as 59:56 and that's all it plays, hence the very last chord of the whole piece is missing! (VERY annoying when you've sat and listened to the whole thing...!;)

It plays fine on Windows Media Player...

Does anyone know if iTunes / iPod has a track length limit?

James

--------------
http://giggingforever.blogspot.co.uk
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 25 2006, 08:58

If the iTunes software has a player mode (I think it does) have you tried playing it there? That way you could find out if it is something iTunes related or not.

I don't know a lot about iPods, but I would doubt that there would be such a short length limit on MP3 files. There are many audio files (pod casts, recordings of read books, etc) that are longer than Amarok's length.

You might also consider copying the amarok.mp3 file to the iPod using a method other than iTunes, if it is possible.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
1 replies since Jan. 25 2006, 08:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net