Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok (Far-above-the-clouds remix), Amarok Cover/Tribute< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Square Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 08 2002, 14:53

Hello. :)
I created this track for Valentin Albillo's Three Moons of Amarok compilation some months ago, and up until now my conscience hasn't allowed me to post the link here, because it is a bit of sabotage of the project. However, in my quest to find the way to post the link anyway and not feel guilty I have devised this scheme; use it as a commercial.

SO, if you like this track, please show great interest in the Valentin's fun project, because my track is probably the worst one there, with all the lovely contributions by clever, witty and musically inspired people of THE mailing list. (Btw, it should soon be completed probably -Valentin is doing a lot of hard work making it as professional as possible)
Also, no matter how much you like this track, do not listen to it so much that it gets boring (if it is not initially, of course), because then you will miss all the excitement of listening it in glorious (remember) Three Moons of Amarok fan tracks compilation among other pretty amazing tracks.

:zzz: Still here?

Okay, I think I did enough. :)

Here's the track:
http://jehon.mystfans.com/mp3s/AMAROK_FINAL.mp3
( it is in high quality (256 kbps) - if you want the 128 kbps version, please visit
http://www.mp3.com/shadowflare )
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 18 2002, 21:28

Good stuff. Some touches reminded me of System 7 actually, like that reverse guitar which appears towards the middle. The samples from the various Oldfield sources are a fun touch.

You're right that the project should be completed soon...I should take that as a hint to get on and work on my contribution (as for yours being the worst track on there, I doubt it...you haven't heard what I have in store yet ;) ).

Nice work!
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 18 2002, 22:10

hey man i like your track! Don't think it's the worst track, man. I really like it. You picked an interesting section to remix and the finish is truly indeed kool! what better tribute to Mike Oldfield can you make then with that sort of climax that you made :)!

good job! i actually think my track is inferior now compared to the others ive listened to so far (not many).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
gain
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 19 2002, 18:22

hey dood, don`t be so modest..
this is extraordinary track but after you hear it many times you will notice some imperfection "between the layers"..

anyhow.. realy nice work!
EquinoX Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2002, 12:16

I really liked your track! It's a bit in 'The Millenium Bell' style. Good work!
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2002, 19:37

A very very nice work, Branko. You really have talent. :)

PS: I have the track on my computer and I'm listening to it right now, but I gave a different title to it. Because of its use of extracts from FATC and because of the general structure, I called it "Amarok (Far-above-the-clouds remix)". What do you think of this? ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Square Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2002, 02:06

Glad you like it.

Hmm, don't think I've ever heard of System 7. I only know of  Sector 7 - the Slums. So any similarities are purely coincidental. :)

Ugo, I think that's a nice name for referring to my track (mr. Olivier, you can change the topic's name if you think the original one is too general). However, I might change the name again for the compilation - if I think of something.

The track sounds a bit like MB, but it was not inspired by it. It is done in my own way of turning rock to dance, which accidentally turned out similar to Mike's, but only trough use of cliched instruments and style, and adding some rock elements over it. I don't listen to techno/dance much privately, I only wanted to make something original, and maybe also interesting to someone who is not an Amarok fan.

This was my most demanding work up to now. Nice to know it wasn't in vain.

Greetings,

Branko :cool:
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2002, 17:49

There you are, title changed- I hope it's what you wanted!
Profile PM 
Square Offline

Posted: Dec. 26 2002, 23:41

yep
Profile PM 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 03 2003, 08:56

I'm really impressed! It's the best track I have discovered on this page for now! Usually I'm not so praising about music I hear, most music irritates me, so I tend to show much criticism. But this one is really good, very nice choice of instruments!

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: Jan. 03 2003, 11:19

Very nice. I always enjoy dance music mixed with electric guitar. Contrary to other 'remixes', this is not repetitive at all and there is a lot to discover in the mix. It's not as straightforward as The Millennium Bell. Using Amarok as the basis probably helps to add some interesting melodies and layers which may not be as pure as in The Millennium Bell or some dance music, but are more interesting in a way.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2003, 02:48

I'm listening to it right now, and I am enjoying it a lot. Most other fan mixes are usually re-recordings, maybe with different instruments etc. but yours seems to take bits from all of Amarok. I think it works quite well, very well done!

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 24 2003, 00:46

I am listening to it now as I write and I must say that it is an excellent composition. I don't say 'remix' as it is not that in the strictest of senses. It adds much to Mike's existing Amarok melodies with some great additions. I like the way that the FATC theme comes in at the end with a cool climax.
I particularly like your piano variation of the Amarok theme just when the disco drums are first introduced - very creative and it flows very well.

Well done  :D

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Steve Forrester
Unregistered

Posted: May 05 2003, 20:57

I am truly impressed with this piece of music.  Thank you for sharing it with the page and look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Keep the good work up. :)
Square Offline

Posted: May 11 2003, 21:11

Thanks everybody!

By the way, I created a number of short demos and longer tracks since for various purposes, and I'd gladly share some of them too. However I've no web-space (yet). If somebody is interested and willing to host some of them for a time on his/hers server...can contact me at brankoNOSPAM.gredelj@zg.tel.hr (remove the "NOSPAM")
If not...thanks anyway!

:)
Profile PM 
bevy Offline

Posted: May 12 2003, 18:53

boss

well done,
Profile PM 
alter Offline

Posted: May 22 2003, 05:45

Dear Branko!

Listening to your recording is a real challange. It is a classic example of an unfortunate approach to the musical world of Oldfield. Why do you want to be sy's moon rather than a separate planet or even an unknown, experimental meteor?

Regards,

Profile PM 
Square Offline

Posted: May 23 2003, 19:04

Uhm? Sorry, whose moon?

Although I do understand that you don't like this track, I wonder why exactly THIS is a classic example of an unfortunate approach? :/

Oh, and I think you should take a listen to some of my other tracks before you pass judgement on my personality.

P.S. you can't...I haven't a place to upload them
Profile PM 
17 replies since Dec. 08 2002, 14:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net