Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok Covered on Keyboards, Ryan Yard Transcription< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
GusFogle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 30 2012, 15:56

As I said in Ryan's new "Incantations transcription project" thread, I have learned Amarok in its entirety and am rehearsing it for live performance in March with my group.

I will be recording more of Amarok between now and then. I would be interested in some of your thoughts and opinions on what I've done thus far, or if there any suggestions anyone would like to make. Either of the 2 links previously posted in this thread will lead you to the current version of the recording.

There are already a couple of things I'm not happy with and am thinking about re-recording. There is a technical glitch in the recording that you will notice about 23 seconds in, and unfortunately part of the bit that starts at 6:10 was played in the wrong time signature...don't ask. But aside from those 2 small issues and a few bum notes here and there, I'm happy with the progress I've made. Keep in mind some of these parts were recorded when I first started learning the piece. Many of these parts I'm much more comfortable playing now, so that is just one more reason why I may do some re-recording.
Profile PM WEB 
20 replies since Oct. 23 2011, 18:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net