Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Amarok, but without Thatcher, YT link down below< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 06 2024, 20:50

Quote (pauken @ Mar. 06 2024, 07:42)
Well, I thought I'd have a go at removing Mrs Thatcher.

I believe the IRA had the same idea!  :O
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 07 2024, 03:37

You know once these things really get started it's jolly hard to stop them!
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 07 2024, 15:57

What about removing the voice of the fake astronauts, Frank Borman and co., reciting Genesis 1 from the Bible during the Apollo 8 hoax spaceship around the Moon sojourn, from "Let There Be Light" from The Songs of Distant Earth?  That grates much more than a humorous, harmless, lighthearted impersonation of Maggie, which was all the rage at the time, in the days when skillful and effective satire and satirists existed in the mainstream and could exist without the culture of "cancellation" getting to them.   It still works well, especially the tap dancing and it beautifully epitomizes Oldfield's playful personality and willingness to take a risk to do something unexpected (in many ways, the Thatcher segment works better than the original "Piltdown Man" which a lot of people dislike, understandably).  However, I resent having to listen to phony NASA charlatans speaking blasphemy (and Im not even Christian) during a mocked-up production which preceded the greatest, most serious and evil hoaxes and deceptions of humankind in recorded history.  "Let There Be Light" and the whole album would be so much better with that removed and/or replaced with some different, non-offensive sample.

Still not quite as bad as Vangelis' highly cringeworthy "Albedo 0.39" song which consists of an extended litany of completely fictional made up "scientific facts" about the Sun, the hypothetical spinning heliocentric globe-earth, nihilistic space, etc.
Profile PM 
22 replies since Sep. 30 2020, 10:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net