Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: All You Need Is Love DVD box set< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 09:45

A box set of DVDs of Tony Palmer's documentary series on the history of popular music, All You Need Is Love, is now available to buy from allyouneedislovedvd.com.

Episode 17 will be of particular interest to fans of Mike Oldfield, as it contains the well known 'making of Ommadawn' feature.

Dank je wel, Blue Dolphin
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 09:55

My copy arrived today (even before my MOTS cd), but it's wonderful! They even transferred the footage to 16:9.

The Mike Oldfield item is of course a must see for every fan, because you can see his house at Hergest Ridge and his studio. Of course the whole atmosphere of the 70's that can be smelled is wonderful.

I now even saw (with this amazing quality) what kind of mixer Mike used on Ommadawn. It's a Neve!  :D

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 10:30

This is great news - Play.com say it's available from 5 May - did yours come from the US?

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 10:33

I ordered it a month ago in the pre-order fase on the All You Need is Love website. The box in which it came said it had shipped from Sweden.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 15:26

This is amazing, we've been waiting years for this. Most of us have probably seen it over the internet now bit still, now we'll have decent quality

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 09:07

I shall have this.It shall br mine.Oh yes it shall be mine!!!!!Brilliant news.Mr Palmer has done some very fine stuff.Cream's Farewell concert is really good in the extended 80 minute format (slated at the time but the DVD version is excellent)and The Space Movie is very good (although i think Tony had indulged in something more than the bottle of wine on his desk at some point cos he states that Ommadawn wan't out and Mike lived in Herefordshire in 1978/79-perhaps he had the 2 programmes mixed up).And now this.I love a lot of music from the sixties as well so this is very very welcome.Thank you Tony Palmer!!! :)

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Mar. 19 2008, 09:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net