Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Album Cover - Is it really Mike?, Any suggestions as to who it might be?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
digimon-master Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 08 2007, 17:52

This may sound very stupid to most people but is it actually Mike on the album cover?  Or is it Jesus?  This raises the question 'Is Mike Jesus reincarnate?'  Or is he even better? Hmmmm...
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 08 2007, 18:12

Mike is definitely Jesus, and not just Jesus, but Jesus Christ Superstar, no doubt about it!!! There can't be two hunks thats beautiful in the world.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 09 2007, 02:11

There can be if a twin brother is thrown into the mix.  :D

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 09 2007, 14:02

And some friends of mine think that it was Kurt Cobain in the cover :O

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 09 2007, 18:02

Quote (Moz @ Jan. 09 2007, 08:11)
There can be if a twin brother is thrown into the mix.  :D

Hahahahahahahahahahaha... wonderful one, Ben!! :D :laugh:

EDIT: Sometimes I feel like I never had so much fun in my life like I have when browsing through this forum. :D

EDIT II: As for Mike being Jesus, or a reincarnation of Jesus, that's really an old piece of news. At least in here. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 09 2007, 21:55

if that's the case then the real question is this: can you find the thread where that was mentioned? (I don't know if there is one!;)

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2007, 03:14

Oh there are several of them I'm sure. I may have even started one myself about my Jesus doll that I bought specifically because it looked like Mike from the Ommadawn cover.

And I have also told the story of being forced to go to church until the age of 16 and for 3 years after I had heard TB but before I had seen a picture of Mike, I fantasized about the image of Jesus, and listened to nothing but TB. When I saw Mikes black and white TB photo in 1976 when I was 16, my fate was sealed.

Instant Karma Baby!!!!!!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Jan. 10 2007, 08:33

Quote (Moz @ Jan. 09 2007, 20:55)
if that's the case then the real question is this: can you find the thread where that was mentioned? (I don't know if there is one!;)

I searched "jesus" using "beginning and newer" and "all open forums" and got a couple of pages. Of course, lots are non-relevant or only vaguely related. Some only mention him once, but here is one topic:

http://tubular.net/forums....l=jesus

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2007, 11:48

Thanks a lot, M-C. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2007, 19:15

Quote (TubularBelle @ Jan. 08 2007, 23:12)
Mike is definitely Jesus, and not just Jesus, but Jesus Christ Superstar, no doubt about it!!! There can't be two hunks thats beautiful in the world.

I don't know, I also happen to have a friend who has a striking resemeblance to Jesus :) , maybe I just have a liking for long haired hippy men Heheheeee!!!  

Ommadawn is pretty miraculous.
Isn't the Holy Trinity Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2007, 10:13

When I first saw the cover of Ommadawn, I always thought Mike looked strikingly similar to the traditional view of Jesus Christ. So, I expected a "holy" sort of tune, if you will, when I first listened to it. For the first three minutes, it did sort of fit a "holy" category, but it did evolve from the gentle tune at the beginning and it is truly an Album of sheer brilliance.

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2007, 12:18

Maybe Mike is a descendant of Brian.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2007, 14:35

Quote (timshen @ Jan. 11 2007, 18:18)

Hahahahahahahahaha... :laugh: :laugh:

For anyone who has no idea on what this is about, see here...

--------------
Profile PM 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2007, 14:48

Quote (timshen @ Jan. 11 2007, 17:18)

That made me laugh so much. I think maybe you could be right there...

"We worship you, Oh Brian", in a fairly similar way to how I worship Mike.

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2007, 21:30

Moonchildhippy said - Isn't the Holy Trinity Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn  :D .

So theres your proof right there people.

But timshen said - Maybe Mike is a descendant of Brian.

Well if thats the case, then he is NOT the Messiah, he is just a very naughty boy!!! :)

@ Galadriel, may I meet your friend please?

I have seen or met very few people in my life who bear such a striking resemblance to Jesus or Mike and my whole lifes desire has been to date one, at this late stage I'd be happy just to kiss one!!! My Michael had long hair when I met him and I begged him to grow a beard which he did AFTER he cut his hair off. Now he just resembles a well known fishing identity called Rex Hunt who is not a very attractive man.  :(

--------------
Profile PM 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2007, 03:43

I'm not sure you'd be as keen to meet one of my ICT Teachers, who quickly garnered the name "Mr. Jesus", due to how much he looked like him, he had the long hair, the beard and he even wore sandals! But, he has taken to shaving more frequently, so maybe not...

--------------
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2007, 19:41

Quote (TubularBelle @ Jan. 12 2007, 02:30)
Moonchildhippy said - Isn't the Holy Trinity Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn  :D .

So theres your proof right there people.

But timshen said - Maybe Mike is a descendant of Brian.

Well if thats the case, then he is NOT the Messiah, he is just a very naughty boy!!! :)

@ Galadriel, may I meet your friend please?

I have seen or met very few people in my life who bear such a striking resemblance to Jesus or Mike and my whole lifes desire has been to date one, at this late stage I'd be happy just to kiss one!!! My Michael had long hair when I met him and I begged him to grow a beard which he did AFTER he cut his hair off. Now he just resembles a well known fishing identity called Rex Hunt who is not a very attractive man.  :(

I could imagine it in RE lessons,had I really appreciated Mike's music at the time. If asked a question "What is the Holy Trinity?" I would have replied Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn  :laugh:.
I wonder if Mike is a decendant of any Brians too.

I guess that's like me too, love long haired hippy men ;).  Tracy my friend would be happy to meet you, the problem being you're on the other side of the world. He doesn't live too far from me, well about 10 miles away. Yes I've kissed him :) , but only on the cheek though.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
16 replies since Jan. 08 2007, 17:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net