Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Acoustic and electric guitars, Which genre is your fave?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 20 2009, 12:48

Fingerpicks, the ones that go on each finger.....uh uhh, did not work for me. I have a set but damn....they just get in my way! I can't and never will play well(nerve damage on my left side co-ordination) but as embellishments or strumming I use(d) and maybe will use again guitar on the CD I've written for, for 20 years. I just love them. I spend..and spend on guitars, but realize a guitar does not have to be the "main lead instrument". Case in point: Roxy Music or Bryan Ferry's solo career. So many simple guitar parts overdubbed. I hope to use guitar(s) on my CD dream before I'm 50. I'm gearing up for rebuilding my studio. It's just....Eddy. I have a "new life" in my life. He is like having a child. He comes up to me and "bumps" this little pink pig toy into my leg. Saying "play with me daddy!" I then play with him as he is the world to me. I can't see me hooked up to a mixer with my new Taylor or my strat  doing "that magic take" and Eddy wanting attention. They sneak into your heart you know. I guess if I finish that CD, Eddy will be in there and screw anyone who does not like it. I'm thinking about basing the whole thing around him anyway. Like Camel's The Snow Goose. Put his sounds/interaction in there as if he were a band member or "player" I want to record his vocalizations. It is VERY human. "AYaahhh" or "Ayyyaaaayyy", in a kind of feminine pitch. I had many dogs in earlier years but he is something special. These sounds I never heard from any dog. I'm not convinced he IS a dog given his vocalizations. So human. This might be a great idea.....I'll let ya know....
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 21 2009, 04:20

The only time i ever used finger picks was when i had a resonator electro-acoustic.Even then it was only the one on the index finger and a thumbpick.Resonators need to be hit hard to get that cone moving for that delta blues thing.
 I am with you on the whole guitar as backing instrument thing.I'm learning that in my band.A lot of it is just a case of backing up the singer or letting the keyboard take the lead.I'm happy doing that as it all works toward the song rather than the solo being the main thing.Been there and done that too and it is fun but as you get older you mellow (so i'm told).
 You should do the Eddy concept album.That would be brilliant!He could be like a whole new instrument.Sample him! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: May 21 2009, 10:31

That's what I was thinking, sample him and get several of his vocalizations(not barking, this is almost like speech) and use them as "punctuation points" at key times. It would be cool. It sounds like.....hard to describe. It's not shih tzu or maltese. I need to look up sounds of other things like Australian dingos and hear what they do.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 21 2009, 10:59

I have a friend with a Staffordshire bull terrier.Supposed to be a fierce dog but he's totally stupid and soft.He thinks he's a cat and will come and sit on me as soon as i sit down and will lay his head in my lap untill i tickle him.He makes some great noises when he wants to go out to the loo.Sort of whining but very like speech.A sort of whinging teenager noise.Maybe they should get together.The Harley and Eddy sample album.

We have gone waaaaaayyyyyy off topic with this!!!
  :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: May 23 2009, 05:03

:p hehe jim, try sampling the tassie devil and a qld crocodile for starters, dingo howls and kangaroos make a growling noise when annoyed! deb
Profile PM 
24 replies since April 24 2009, 08:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net