Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Accident, New song..< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 16 2003, 12:40

I came up with the basic idea of this song a while back. And when I was visiting a friend's house I was just playing it and he was playing something else on the guitar and all the sudden we played this chord at the same time and it sounded awesome! Hence the name 'Accident'. We were really excited about it. That was a couple months ago. Last night I was fooling aroung with it and got some more ideas so today I recorded it. It's repetative but it's only so I won't forget it. It's just the basic idea I want to keep. Haven't thought up anything else yet.

I think this is the best quality track I've done yet. Let me know what you think.

http://smc.sq7.org/brandon/accident_2.ogg

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 16 2003, 13:10

hhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeey!

you came on something really cool ;)
and powerfull...this is nice...

just one thing that makes me crazy...what is the effect used on guitar in the very beginning?

I always been thinking about this sound of guitars...but did not ever successfully reproduce it... :( could you gimme a hint? ;)

Anyways good track...good technically also :) and the composition is good :)

Great JOB!

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 

Posted: June 16 2003, 13:20

There are 2 guitars at the beginning, actually. The first that you can hear the most is just a chorus effect. The second is more in the background and is called "Ethereal". Just a freaky synth-like effect on the guitar.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: June 16 2003, 13:35

damn

*smacks himself to forehead

why didn't I come on it before :D lol

ok thanks

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
SHINE Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 16 2003, 15:48

Hi, Musically Inspired,

I would like very much to listen to your music,that's what I'm asking you if you know a program ( freeware if possible ) to convert .ogg files into .mp3 or wav.files.
                I know I can listen to .ogg with WinAmp,but I really don't like this software...and I have thrown it to the dustbin last week...
                But if there's no solution, I'll redownload it! ;)
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: June 16 2003, 17:35

what no comment from ancient! thats got to be a first! lol only joking  :D
cool sound cant wait for the fully developed idea keep it up!

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 

Posted: June 16 2003, 19:43

@SHINE: Winamp is the best player out there. I seriously suggest you re-download. There is no player as good as this IMHO. And don't try converting OGGs to MP3s or WAVs. The software at www.vorbis.com will convert them to WAVs flawlessly and losslessly but you should get into OGGs as they are WAY BETTER QUALITY than MP3s. I've been using OGGs so long now that I can't even listen to an MP3 without cringing. 256kbps on an MP3 is like 65kbps on an OGG. OGG is far better than MP3. Start using it so more people will use OGGs and it will get more popular! :)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: June 16 2003, 19:59

what no comment from ancient!

No comment yet! ;) I was fixing my boxes. They are working marvellously, so let that music flow into the room!

It's repetative but it's only so I won't forget it.

Hmm, I don't get that. :) But I actually don't think it's repetative. Your synthy guitar varies well. For just 'fooling around' is sounds quite good and built up. I can't really judge the composition, though, if you consider it as just an idea.
With my boxes fixed I can judge the sound quality now, and it's pretty good during the song. If you fix the background noise at the end (which you'll probably do in a more definitive version) it might indeed be a highest quality track.

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 16 2003, 22:26

Yes...the noises.....it's my stupid Mic Input on my soundcard. You turn it up too high and you get these annoying sounds. It's like sounds from the computer or monitor or something I think. Everytime something happens on the copmuter (ie- push start menu or open a window etc) it makes noises through the Mic Input. And I had to turn it up for the guitar sounds. I need a new sound card.

And yes, for any final songs I do, there won't be any of that noise. But besides that, I do believe this is the highest quality track I've done by far. It sounds full....enough treble, middle, maybe a little too much bass but it works. The only thing is the effects aren't in stereo. The guitars themselves are in stereo but the effects on them are supposed to be in stereo, too, including the reverb but since I can only use my Mic Input which is mono, no can do.

Anyways, thanks for the input, guys.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 17 2003, 00:04

One thing you can try with your soundcard is moving it to a different slot, as that may move it further away from what's causing the interference.
There are actually lots of things you can try, and I don't remember most of them as I've never had that kind of problem myself. I believe things can be done to shield the card, which may help.

If you're going to buy new equipment, I'd think it would be best to look for something that places the A-D convertors outside the computer - either a stand alone A-D convertor fed into your current soundcard's digital input (though if it doesn't have a digital input then you can rule that one out! ) or a soundcard with its convertors in an external breakout box (though not all cards with breakout boxes put their convertors in there) - as that will allow you to move them away from the source of interference.

Anyway, enough about that!
I don't think that it's necessarily bad that the effects aren't in stereo, as at least it means that you're not cluttering everything under a huge swirling blanket of effects, which could really take away from the track.
I like the lead guitar sounds, and you've played great solos there.
Far from there being too much bass, I think the level of the bass guitar is about right, and actually the sound is fine as well, but I'd have probably picked a sound with a slightly fuller bottom end, just to give the whole thing a more powerful sound (is that a Precision-type bass by any chance, or just something that sounds like one?). The sound you've got there though, is a little like Mike's QE2 era bass sound, which is no bad thing.
I like the track, though - I've been having fun playing along to it  :laugh:
Profile PM 

Posted: June 17 2003, 22:19

One thing you can try with your soundcard is moving it to a different slot, as that may move it further away from what's causing the interference.

I would.........except my sound card is built right into the motherboard! ;)

I don't think that it's necessarily bad that the effects aren't in stereo, as at least it means that you're not cluttering everything under a huge swirling blanket of effects, which could really take away from the track.

True. But I was talking more about background effects like the reverb...would have sounded much better had that been in stereo. Especially on the lead guitar.

Far from there being too much bass, I think the level of the bass guitar is about right, and actually the sound is fine as well, but I'd have probably picked a sound with a slightly fuller bottom end, just to give the whole thing a more powerful sound (is that a Precision-type bass by any chance, or just something that sounds like one?). The sound you've got there though, is a little like Mike's QE2 era bass sound, which is no bad thing.

It's just a Bass effect simulator on my pedal. It's really a guitar. Though I never used a pitch effect :). It's just a tad bit of ring modulation. It was a preset on the proccessor. I thought it worked well...hehe.

I like the track, though - I've been having fun playing along to it

Glad you enjoy it! Yes...this will indeed be a good song once finished.

Thanks for the words.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
bevy Offline

Posted: June 18 2003, 16:20

WEEEEEEEEE, N1 I liked it

:D  short but sweet
Profile PM 
Q! Offline

Posted: June 20 2003, 12:24

very nice, very nice. kind of reminds of santana. good work.  :)

--------------
http://qisgod.host.sk/
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: June 24 2003, 15:03

:D This is a guitar player!!!
Great work, i like very much the sound of your guitar and the way you play. I would like to hear you playing on the tracks i'm composing, i'm sure it will sounds great. I'll never be fast as you  :/

Bravo!! :D

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 24 2003, 17:00

Quote (DarkenedEdo @ June 24 2003, 20:03)
I'll never be fast as you  :/

Practise something challenging every day and you never know where you'll get to...

Remember also that if speed was all that mattered, this would be an Yngwie Malmsteen forum.

P.S. The bass simulator does work well - a convincingly growly type of sound.
Profile PM 
14 replies since June 16 2003, 12:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net