Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: about the remastered CDs< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thomas Andersson Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 09 2001, 12:28

I haven't got all of mikes albums yet, which really is a shame. The ones that are on top of my priority list right now are (in no particular order):

- Crises
- Incantations
- Hergest Ridge
- QE2
- Platinum

The problem is, the place I'm usually ordering CDs from both has the original CD versions and the new remastered ones (in most cases at least). The remastered is a bit more expansive, and well, what is you opinion on the enhanched versions? It's an improvment? I've heard some people prefer the original editions. Some opinions would be welcome.
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: May 21 2001, 05:57

i got a copy of the hergest ridge remaster, and, well, in my opinion it lacks a lot of the feeling from the original LP..
rosko Offline

Posted: May 21 2001, 07:32

That has nothing to do with the remastered edition. All the CD editions of HR are different from the original LP mix.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 21 2001, 13:48

Yeah, they're different from the original LP mix, but I have LPs of the Boxed remix as well, and I must say that the remaster has a much cleaner and more modern sound. It's very nice though, but I know exactly what peo12 means, as the original rounded edges of the sound of the LP have been replaced by something a bit more crisp. That's really what you get by going to something digital though, at the moment at least...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: May 31 2001, 03:05

yeah, but i do prefer the original cd to the remastered one.
dgcaer Offline

Posted: May 31 2001, 12:02

Is there a difference between the HR original cd and the HR remastered CD ?
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Sep. 17 2001, 10:43

i like that the remastered cd's have clearer and more pure sound...i had the original ones but did not like those. kind of lame sound on the original ones.

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
6 replies since May 09 2001, 12:28 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net