Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: about knighthood, whats it all about?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Harmono Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 25 2005, 14:03

Someone suggested that Mike should be knighted.
I guess some people like Sean Connery and Elton John have been knighted? Why should Mike be knighted and would it do any good for him? what did the real knights do, di they protect the queen? whats it all about? would we call him sir Mike Oldfield?
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2005, 15:27

Ok. I have now studied knighthood (something I could have done ealier) and know the basic stuff, but I want to Know if  you think that M.O. should be knighted or not?
I dont see why he(or anybody else) should be a knight.
It all has very little to do with todays world.
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2005, 15:50

Well true, but being knighted shows that the Queen recognises that your contribution to society is significant, Sean Connery was praised for his acting, Paul Mc Cartney for his music, so why not Mike Oldfield?

:)

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2005, 16:26

Mikes contribution to music is unquestionable, but I believe it is not common knowledge(I wonder if the queen likes his music) - he is just not that popular.
He will remain as a "dark"star and maybe its better that way.

Damn its hard to add a reply, my cat just threw up on the carpet and then on my bed! Poor cute animal.
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2005, 16:36

Quote (Harmono @ Aug. 25 2005, 21:26)
I wonder if the queen likes his music

Damn its hard to add a reply, my cat just threw up on the carpet and then on my bed! Poor cute animal.

I think if she heard Ommadawn, Hergest ridge or Incantations on her royal surround sound golden CD player, she would appreciate them, obviously she wouldn't be able to knight him just for this but I bet if she spent a day with some of the guys from this forum, she would be pursuaded!  ;)

P.S Well done cute little kitty cat  :p

--------------
Profile PM 
mumiaczek Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2005, 06:14

Don't forget that Mike has already been awarded the freedom of the City of London and recorded the Royal Anthem for Diana and Charles wedding!
By the way, I wonder if The Queen has ever heard about   "QE II"? How many musicians have in their discography albums dedicated to Her?
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2005, 06:19

WOW My mum will be impressed if I tell her he did the anthem for their wedding, thanks!  :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Online

Posted: July 22 2023, 21:43

Quote (Harmono @ Aug. 25 2005, 14:03)
Someone suggested that Mike should be knighted.
I guess some people like Sean Connery and Elton John have been knighted? Why should Mike be knighted and would it do any good for him? what did the real knights do, di they protect the queen? whats it all about? would we call him sir Mike Oldfield?

Mike has never even had an OBE!  Look who has though, and more importantly, why...the one hit wonder singer, Marc Almond, basically a nobody apart from "Tainted Love" and a cruddy karaoke cover of a bland 60s crooner, received an OBE in 2010:

From Wikipedia:

Personal life
Almond was always fascinated by the Church of Satan's founder, Anton LaVey[citation needed]. LaVey initiated Almond into LaVeyan Satanism at Black House.[53]

In response to being appointed OBE at the age of 60...

And Mike himself had this to say on the subject:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home....ls.html

Gazing out onto the deep turquoise ocean, Mike Oldfield is in a reflective mood. ‘I don’t think I’ll ever be up for a knighthood,’ sighs Britain’s most successful multi-instrumentalist composer, whose 16 million-selling Tubular Bells remained on the UK album charts for a record-shattering 280 weeks. ‘Nobody’s ever offered me any kind of award. I’m like the black sheep of British music.

‘I’m still very patriotic. I’m very proud of being British. I was watching the Brexit vote live and I was hoping Britain would get out of the EU.

‘I admire the Queen greatly. And I’ve met Prince Charles a couple of times. Unluckily, I made the mistake of speaking to him without being spoken to. I asked him how his cello-playing was coming along. You’re not supposed to do that. Stupid me. So I think I’ve blown my knighthood there.’

Of course it's nothing like that.  Mike is neither Satanist, nor Freemason, nor Illuminati, so THAT is why he is no knight of the realm.  Remember after all that knights all go back to the crusades (fought by proxy on behalf of the Zionists, incidentally) and the Knights Templars, the medieval strata of Rosicrucianism, Masonry and so forth which all comes from Jewish mysticism, Kabbalah, ancient Babylonian, Sumerian, & Egyptian mystery religion, which can all be summed up only one simple rubric, namely "Luciferianism".  This is what our whole current "Christo-secular humanist" Western "liberal conservative democratic" society and culture including the British monarchy is founded on.  Sir Richard Branson for one is totally a part of that fold of course, hence his dabbling in the fake space game; Mike, not in the slightest.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 29 2023, 03:32

Mike knighted? Sounds like a chess game... If so, I suspect Mr O would rather be queened  :D
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 29 2023, 04:11

And Queen takes Bishop lol
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 29 2023, 22:49

Milamber, do you have any hints as to why Project System 12, in its Facebook group, is suddenly releasing covers of what seem to be Mike Oldfield's entire back catalogue?
Profile PM 
amaroks Offline

Posted: July 30 2023, 05:19

Well, I for one am glad he hasn't received a knighthood given the number of dubious individuals associated with this honour.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: July 30 2023, 07:47

Quote (amaroks @ July 30 2023, 05:19)
Well, I for one am glad he hasn't received a knighthood given the number of dubious individuals associated with this honour.

Your nom de plume made me realise another meaning of Amarok: Am auroch = Am ancient bovine = Am Taurus (Frivolously, Ma Taurus, the Dark Side of the Moo)  :laugh:
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2023, 21:03

I wonder if being a tax exile helps?  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Online

Posted: Aug. 05 2023, 00:17

Quote (First_Excursion @ Aug. 04 2023, 21:03)
I wonder if being a tax exile helps?  :laugh:

Sure it does .... just look at "Sir" Richard Branson.  But having ties to Freemasonry helps much more than that:

Masonry Meets the Generations
With these different groups and their different value
structures, Masonry needs to modify its leadership style
to be sure the hand Freemasonry outstretches is one that
the prospective brother can grasp. It does no good to
offer Greatest Generation style Masonry to the
Millennials: they don’t have the same values.
Here are some styles of leadership and exemplars
which meet the six generations on their way to Masonry.
• Charismatic: Oprah, of television fame.
• Innovative: Richard Branson, CEO of Virgin, Inc.
• Command/Control: Tom Coughiln coach for the NY Giants.
• Laissez faire: Donna Karan, the DK in fashion’s DKNY.
• Pace setter: Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon.
• Servant: Herb Kelleher, former CEO of
Southwest Airlines.
• Situational: Pat Summitt, head coach emeritus of the
University of Tennessee Lady Vols basketball team.
• Transformational: Steve Jobs, deceased head of Apple.[QUOTE]

https://massfreemasonry.org/wp-cont....wel.pdf

The above doesn't of course doesn't prove that Branson is a lodged up brother (although I'm bet my left [random part of anatomy] that he is) but you sure don't see material like that name dropping someone like Mike Oldfield.
Profile PM 
14 replies since Aug. 25 2005, 14:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net