Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A winter of wonder, Ethereal themes dreams music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 04 2009, 19:42

This winter has been one of the coldest but truly beautiful with snow transforming the landscape has it inspired poetry or music for any of you?
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2009, 07:48

It has inspired me to sit for ages playing acoustic guitar as i haven't been able to go out in it too much,so to avoid complete cabin fever i have spent hours on the guitar.Also inspired me to figure out a large chunk of Ommadawn side one.The view from my flat across the carpark (which was white and my neighbours couldn't move their car for 3 days as it was so deep)is really nice as it's a screen of fir trees.Scotch Pine mainly.In spring the squirells skitter up and down them endlessly but,although i could see their tracks,i haven't seen them once.The trees look stunning though.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2009, 10:25

Oh man, it just inspired a cold from hell. Tubularians I is a suffrin' bad. Pumped full of aspirin, vicks 44D. Please pray for St. Tubular to deliver me from this nasal bondage. Your's in Tubular faith, Jimbo

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 09 2009, 12:19

Quote (Scatterplot @ Feb. 09 2009, 15:25)
Oh man, it just inspired a cold from hell. Tubularians I is a suffrin' bad. Pumped full of aspirin, vicks 44D. Please pray for St. Tubular to deliver me from this nasal bondage. Your's in Tubular faith, Jimbo

You need to listen to QE-Flu or maybe Dis-cough-ery.....

But back on topic - utterly gorgeous near where I live this morning, crisp white snow, iced-over canal and happy kids making snowballs on the way to school as the mutt rolled in the snow. Didn't inspire me to write poetry however! Hmmm, maybe I'll try and write a poem about how well the south of the country seem to have coped with a few flakes ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2009, 12:26

North Oxfordshire.
Oh how useless thou art at snow. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2009, 23:22

My tubular darlings thanks for the replies. we dont get snow in tassie australia only in the mountains. i hope you feel better soon jimbo, and all of you get through winter ok. bye for now my little vegemites, cheers
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2009, 23:29

Quote (Matt @ Feb. 09 2009, 12:19)
Quote (Scatterplot @ Feb. 09 2009, 15:25)

Oh please get better matt. sorry i forgot you. if i were your mum i would give you a hug and some lemsip. rug up little vegemite,cheers, deb
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 03:26

Hey Jim.Feeling better today?

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 11:44

No, I just looked at the CDC flu map. Texas and Utah are the darkest(worst) flu states. Since I'm not improving I'm getting off my rear and going to the Dr. now.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 11:46

Thanks Deb.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 11:55

You really should mate.I've only ever had flu once.Anyone who has a cold and says they have flu are so wrong.It's the worst feeling in the world.Hope you get better soon man.You have my sympathy,

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Feb. 11 2009, 17:43

Done deal. The dude prescribed me antibiotics and a note excusing me from work the rest of the week.  Works for me.....

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2009, 02:24

Hi scatterplot, hope the antibiotics help. no doubt you feel like hell. get lots of rest, try eating small frequent meals and drink lots of oj. best wishes
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2009, 05:37

I`ve sculpted a couple of snowmen in the front yard,but they`re looking a bit sorry for themselves now though.Especialy seen as one of them is really just a bobble hat and a pool of sludge..Poor little fella`..It`s started coming down again for the last twenty minutes or so though,..fingers crossed I guess..snowman barely alive..we can rebuild him doo doo de doo...doo doo de doo......Err yeah,think I better wait till the kids come in from school though.Looks a bit strange otherwise.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2009, 08:09

Why?I'm an adult and i was having a snowball fight with another adult at 10 am on Saturday morning.Nothing wrong with it.In the town i live in there's a hairdressers (i am sort of familiar with what goes on those places but i haven't visited one for a good few years)and outside it one of the staff had built a really good snowman.About 6 feet tall and they had even sculpted legs for it.I see they as proof that they have too much time on their hands. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
14 replies since Feb. 04 2009, 19:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net