Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A Tribute to PART ONE< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
gorjanbak Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 05 2001, 13:46

I want to ask why does Mike is doing this to us.First that famos PART ONE was sheduled for September 2000.Than somethink happend and PART ONE was not realised.Then in the february update of MVR site come explonation that free demo will be available in april 2000 and that PART ONE will be free and will be downloadable at the end of May.Than they say that PART ONE will be done in the middle of June 2001.But somethink happend (again) and realisation of PART ONE was cacelled until the end of august or in the mid september 2001.But again LIES.Now is October and I don't see any sign that PART ONE will be realised soon.Mike please be seious or I think that you will lost a lot of fans if you continiued with cancelation of the PART ONE.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 05 2001, 19:47

Mike may not realise what effect these broken promises are having. He may not even know about it - his attitude seems to be very much that he just makes the thing, and it's someone someone else's work to get it to the public. I believe his concern is getting the thing how he wants it - telling the fans what's going on is probably someone else's concern.

If he knows at all that it has been promised to the fans at a certain time, I'd imagine he'd rather break that promise in order to release a 'perfect' end result than rush the job to finish it in time.

I know it may be hard, but I'd not get too worked up over it - it will come when and if it's ready.
I'm certainly not waiting on Mike. In the past years, while Mike has been working on this project, I've been enjoying the music of all kinds of artists and drawn many influences from their work. Maybe in the end, that experience will prove to be far greater than that of playing Music VR...
Profile PM 
dgcaer Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 09 2001, 10:13

I think that Mike heard about the many problems of the MVR and try since that to corrige them and to make it more accessible for everybody (in term of computer equipment).
It's Ok that he does it the best he can. I think he doesn't want to released a scrap.
Profile PM WEB 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 12 2001, 11:04

Apparently (and I'm only going by what I've read here) the second side of Tubular Bells was recorded in one week. Mike didn't like that the guitars were out of tune, but there was a feeling in there which evidently struck a chord with the record buying public at the time.

A painter (I don't remember which one) once said that he never finished a painting, just abandoned it.

If you have all the time you want, it is very hard to bring yourself to do something. What Mike needs to do (and if there is any truth in horoscopes I ought to be similar to him as I was born on the same date but not the same year) is decide that it will be released at a certain time and then release it warts and all. No other software company seems to worry about releasing 200Mb patches and then expects us to download them on the Internet (Thank God for Cyber Cafes with CD-Rs).

Just release it Mike, with this medium that doesn't mean you have to stop working on it.

Maybe I'm just desperate to play about with this thing I've only seen in interviews. All this is in IMHO, of course.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 12 2001, 19:04

It seems they're planning on releasing all three parts at the same time...

I would agree that he/they should really just work towards getting something released as soon as possible, and would really have thought that the best way of doing it would have been to spend all the time on part 1, then concentrating on part 2 (and after that part 3) once that was released. They could even break it up into sections which are smaller still...

Just my thoughts (and not ones which I can see solving the problem entirely, I must admit, as someone may point out...it'll make a more interesting discussion that way, though wink ).
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 15 2001, 11:13

After reading the Mirror article, I take all that back. Sort things out Mike, Music VR isn't as important as your own life and family; nothing is.

Only goes to show that I should probably keep my mouth shut (or it's Internet equivalent) as I'll never know enough to comment properly.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Oct. 05 2001, 13:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net