Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A rough list of Mike's gear on 'Exposed' tour< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 18 2005, 05:29

There was a letter from Nigel Cryer, Waverton, Cheshire to the 'Melody Maker' in the '80's.

What equipment did Mike Oldfield use on his countrywide tour in May?

Mike Oldfield: Gibson L6 guitar (Deluxe and also Custom) to large flightcase at back of stage containing 3 amps
(1) Fender Twin Reverb set on a clean sound
(2) Fender Princeton set for a distorted sound
(3) Mesa Boogie for lead work

These 3 were positioned in a triangular arrangement with a microphone in the middle, going back to the pedals, i.e.
(1) Volume pedal
(2) Chorus pedal
(3) Various noise gates
(4) Graphic equaliser
(5) Footpedal to change between amps

It also mentions that Mike also plays Gibson Les Paul Custom and Junior guitars.

That should be of help, although it's a pity specific makes and models of pedals aren't listed. I know he used a Roland CE-1 chorus/vibrato pedal, but I don't know about the rest, nor which model Boogie he used at the time.
Profile PM 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2005, 05:35

Funnily enough, they didn't mention anything about any Delay, so I don't know if Mike used one, or if he relied on his roadie or the sound man for delay effects!
Profile PM 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2005, 05:02

I should have said that the blonde Gibson L6-S is a Deluxe, and the black one is a Custom - as used by Carlos Santana, Joe Walsh and one of the Doobie Brothers (they used them in the '70's, and funnily enough, like Mike, Carlos and one of the Doobies have switched to PRS!;)

More recently, one of the guitarists in Razorlight has been playing the Custom!
Profile PM 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2005, 05:50

I think it's a pity whenever Mike does an interview about his gear, he doesn't seem to list all of his gear of the time! e.g. the recent 'Guitarist' interview didn't seem to have photos of all of his guitars - same with the 'Boxed' booklet, and the inside cover photo of 'Five Miles Out' album!
Profile PM 
3 replies since Feb. 18 2005, 05:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net