Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A Plea for Help with the Tr3s Lunas Guide< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Alan D Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 04:09

Could I just remind everyone, please (very gently I hope), that the Tr3s Lunas Guide isn't a discussion Forum (even though it looks like one! )? There are lots of places for discussing aspects of our MVR trips - for example here, where I'm posting now - but the Tr3s Lunas Guide is a guide for people who want to look up specific pieces of information about the game. It needs to be as clear and simple as possible, and kept free from general discussions, otherwise it'll just become a mess that no one can use properly.

The other related problem is that it's really quite difficult and time-consuming for me to edit the threads in order to put the discussion posts in more appropriate places, once they've been posted in the wrong place (actually I can't really do it properly because I only have moderating controls within the Guide itself, and even there the controls are quite limiting) - and I'm really, really pressed for time at present.

Generally, the key is this: if you have information to add to the Tr3s Lunas Guide, please add it. That's what it's for. But if you just want to discuss things that relate to it, please post in a general Tres Lunas section somewhere, like this one that I'm posting in here.
Thanks.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 07:36

Alan, my apologies for my reply to the question Ugo made within the Guide. I have just deleted it.

U are so right that the aim is to keep the Guide clean and tidy with useful info about tr3s lunas and what I made was just a comment which could be found somewhere else on the guide.

I am sorry for any inconvience I could cause.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2007, 09:23

Quote (maria @ Oct. 22 2007, 12:36)
I am sorry for any inconvience I could cause.

No, no - really MarĂ­a - no one needs to apologise, and you have as much right as I do to decide what we do. It just seemed like a useful moment to remind everyone (including myself, because I nearly joined in the discussion in that thread! ), that the Tr3s Lunas Guide isn't a forum - even though it looks like one.

(To tell the truth, I always feel unecessarily fussy when I put up posts like this, and I think it must seem officious to anyone reading it - but on the other hand, I know how easy it would be to lose the clear structure that we worked so hard to put in place, so I think it's part of the job, as it were, to keep an eye on how we're using it.)
Profile PM 
2 replies since Oct. 22 2007, 04:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net