Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A lot of problems running Music VR< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
mikel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 04 2002, 18:09

Hi!

Lots of problems running music vr here. What a dissapointment! . I test it on 2 computers:

1) Pentium III, 500 Mhz, ATI Radeon VE, Sound Blaster Live and DirectX 8 under windows xp. The demo was smooth, but the full version, when I double click on the Tres lunas icon, gives me a dialog box "Music VR: Internal Error".

2) Pentium III, 1 Ghz, ATI All in Wonder 32 Mb, Sound Blaster PCI 128, Directx 8 under windows xp. The demo was ok, the full version runs well, and 2 minutes later the computers freezes completely. I must push the reset button!.

The most sad part is I pay for the full version, because the demo was Ok on the computer... and what I have? lots of technical problems.

As an Oldfield fan, i give a credit to mike, I hope he solve the problems with a patch or something else. But Mike must not force all users to buy a Nvidia card. Most of us have other cards (mainly ATI cards, i think), and the program must run on these systems!.

If any of you have any trick to make MVR run with ATI cards and avoid freezes .. please, post it here

Thanks a lot, sorry for my bad english wink

Miguel.
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: June 05 2002, 14:46

Hi everybody!
I have a problem with my graphics card too. I have a WinfastGForce2GTSPro and MusicVR locks my PC and need to use the reset button. I would be grateful if someone could tell the solution for this. I see that I'm not the one with the problem so it may be something wrong with the game, I think. Someone knows?
kapsel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 05 2002, 14:54

Miguel!

If you check the "RADEON 7500 CRASHES" topic you'll see that there are other ATI card owners that have the same problem.

I hope that Mike and/or his team - if they are reading this forums at all - are working on some kind of patch already and will solve this bug soon.

There's also a possibility to push ATI to release new drivers compatible with MVR, as they are insisting that everything that works with NVIDIA should work with ATI as well. Man_In_The_Rain and I wrote them such mails already, but I think if more and more people start complaining about MVR crash with ATI, they might consider to check it out, and probably come up with some solution. I do believe that this bug can be solved by better ATI driver, as I was experimenting with all the Windows XP drivers available, and some of them were better than others.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: June 09 2002, 11:51

Hey! Hi everyone and sorry for my english... I think that I must read again my english notes from school... ^_^
Well, I have a Pentium II 350Mhz, Ge-Force II 200Mhz, Sound Blaster 64 Value and 196Mb Ram... And Music Vr works perfectly!! Only some &%$ยท"))/%/(" when the sky is changing of colour but the rest works. I suppose that yours problems will be solucionated in the next update... O_o
3 replies since June 04 2002, 18:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net