Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A doubt, Weird drum beats in TSODE< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 28 2003, 10:24

I'm not at home now, so I can't check out exactly which song it is, but I think it's Magellan, where I can hear some strong drum beats. I don't know if this has been pointed out before, but those drum beats sound, to me, EXACTLY like the drum beats that are played in Led Zeppelin's "When The Levee Breaks". Anyone knows something about that? Was that intentional?

oh, yeah, I'm new here. Hi everyone. :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 28 2003, 14:14

I talked through this with Ugo once - it seems to be a similar pattern, but not similar enough to be a sample (assuming the sample would be taken from the beginning, where the drums are on their own). There is an Enigma track which does use a sample of When The Levee Breaks - it was perhaps an attempt at a similar sound, though I don't think it's the only place that a pattern like that has appeared.

It's generally a lot easier copyright-wise to play a pattern again, rather than sample it off a record, as if it's sampled from the record it either has to be paid for, or the sampling artist takes the risk that it won't be recognised, doesn't pay for it, and comes in danger of being taken to court if discovered...
Profile PM 
1 replies since April 28 2003, 10:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net