Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A Day in the Life of a Tublarian, Or rather our version of "The View"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 19 2010, 12:59

Hi Jim.Sorry to read about your hearing.Got to be my biggest fear after losing the ability to play my beloved guitars.Is there nothing that can be done?

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 19 2010, 15:00

I don't know. All I know is my L ear is (STILL!;) better after yesterdays Camel/Latimer session. It cleared/cleansed my ear. I have a new obstacle today however.  My only companion, Eddy has gone nuts. I would call him manic depressive. The white dog in my avatar. He once belonged to a woman named Sylvia, who gave him to me in 2008 due to guilt feelings RE "matters of shite". My companion since I have no one, has destroyed blinds(the kind in windows), pulled up carpet, attacked the fake wood floor by the front door. He has Seperation anxiety. His original owner, a very flaky female with emotional abberrations caused this by impressing her engrams on him as a puppy. I have started negotiations to trade him for the female shih-tzu in my avatar(her property). Yet I cant trust her. All I know is I found out today, several neighbors have complained about him. I work night-shift. He barks constantly from 11PM to 4AM she said. Many complaints. I'm glad I contacted her in time to address this. She was about to call me for a meeting. I will leave Eddy with Sylvia tonight and start talks of trading for Valentina(the incredibly cute gremlin-like dog in my avatar with black eyebrows). She has 1 inch eyelashes I shite you not! And she loves me to death. I simply want to maintain the only social/familial tie I have on the planet. And have a cute, loving companion. This may be problamatical so pray for me. I truly miss Deb Seward cuz I know she'd have something meaningfull to say here. Deb was good at that. I meant what I said when "removing Eddy was like removing my legs". I may have no choice. Have a nice day.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 19 2010, 18:23

Jim, this may not be as meaningful as anything Deb would say, but I am truly saddened to hear that you may have to part with Eddy. I actually may have some idea of what you're going through. They say misery loves company, so:

A couple of weeks ago, some neighbors got a new dog. Immediately after she arrived, they tied her out front and proceeded to leave her out there 24/7 with NO FOOD. Well, yesterday she must have broken loose, and she came over to my house (stray dogs ALWAYS come to my house). Poor thing was starved, you could see every rib in detail. Of course there's no way I'm giving her back to those pet neglecting S.O.Bs, so I've been letting her stay here.

Happy story, right? Well there's one hitch: the assholes also happen to the neighborhood drug dealers, and they've been driving around the neighborhood all day looking for her. I've had to hide the poor thing so they wouldn't find her, and now I'm pretty sure they know she's here. I don't know what they might do (ever notice how these lowlife don't give a fuck about their pets unless someone else does?), so I've got no choice but to take her to the shelter. She is the sweetest dog you've ever met, and has turned out to be very obedient and well behaved (that's another thing, where did she come from? I bet they stole her), and even though I've only had her two days, I've become very attached. So there's my sob story. :/
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 20 2010, 00:27

You should keep her! Drug dealers and animal abusers....should take 'em out into the woods with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. Yes, you do sound like u have a situation. What if the dealers get violent? I would look for any proof that they are dealing drugs......get them arrested, thus removing them, and keep the dog.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 20 2010, 04:14

Hey Syd
My advice if you can board the dog for a few weeks great.
The dealers probably rent , so track down the real estate agent dob them in and presto problem solved.
No Police may mean they wont be on the lookout for payback from anyone in your area.
Good luck, Stay safe.
Hope you keep the Pooch.

:)
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 20 2010, 06:15

Go steady Syd.They probably bought the pooch as a kind of deterent.By all means keep the dog cos i agree that animal cruelty is the lowest of the low but make sure you keep it out of sight till they're gotten rid of.Just keep yourself and anyone else you're living with out of harms way mate.

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 20 2010, 11:40

Eddy's gone. I did not get the other dog(Valentina). She wouldn't give her up. But I will keep Eddy on weekends, vacations, summer break is not far off. Not too much violin but I came home, held his toys and cryed my eyes out till they burned. I might keep the avatar up as a reminder to me that I moved here for nothing.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 20 2010, 11:50

Really am sorry to hear that Jim.I know how much the little guy meant to you.Keep your chin up mate.

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 20 2010, 13:21

God, I'm so sorry Jim. It's always painful to lose a pet. But at least you can keep him on weekends! Not all is lost.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 20 2010, 13:24

Thanks everybody for your words and advice about the dog I found. First, they do rent, but the person who owns the house (and almost every other house on the street) is a slumlord and he doesn't care if they're dealers. I'm sure he already knows. Also everyone on that street knows each other, and if I did something to have them evicted...

Anyway, I already have a dog and two cats, and I just can't handle/afford another pet. So I've found a home for her. Sweet lady whos dog just died was looking for another pet. So she'll have a good home. I'll miss her though.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 20 2010, 14:09

Well I've got Mike Oldfield's fingers to look at now. I'll concentrate on that. I'm hoping this new diddy when it arrives, will be something fresh and conducive to inducing rapid brain activity and increased heartrate. I want rock 'n roll of the Taurus 2 style. I want dynamic range to make the eardrums bleed and rupture tympanic membranes. I don't want to hear a single horn anywhere. Bagpipes yes. I'm thinking he's going to infuse some blues into this thing(just a feeling). No loop based(Fruity loops) stuff like L+S. I want to hear a dog howl like at the end of "Poison Arrows"(I think that was a git trick but it sounded like a dog howl) somewhere. I wanna hear a 15 minute track with a mesmerizing female vocal chanting DH Lawrence's "Whales Weep Not" which was a good idea by the way. I wanna hear some fine piano even if you need to bring in help. I want tom rolls out the ass. I want a short but jazzy tune similar to Emerson Lake and Powell's "Step Aside". I want that telecaster to do some clean riffs similar to Walter Becker's in the Steely Dan Mark II era. But I want some heavily effected with reverse reverb and delay hallucinagenic-like riffs too. A short shopping list for a 15yo kid who bought Incantations. Thats all I want for Christmas Santa.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 20 2010, 15:00

Great Syd! All's well and ends well. Great job. We have one more task at hand.....Payback. What is in order now is to inflict some pain on the offenders in question. I've learned in my travels that revenge and justice are pretty much the same thing. Society's need to keep a balance scale leveled. Follow the advice given in the previous posts and do some harm to these bastards. Mike would approve. Do it in such a way as to not compromise yourself(safety) but definately inflict _something_..... I saw a dog once in the 80's. A freind of mine rescued it(a doberman I think). It was so undernourished it's ribs stood out like....well you know. The doggie actually tried to eat my hand it was so thin. Whoever did that to him/her........needed a "Pause" or "reflection" on what they had done. We can provide that moment of "pause and reflection" now soldier. Try to find a clever way to deliver it. I know I'm sounding "flaky" lately without Eddy(my legs have been severed as I used in the analogy-it hurts bad). But I mean it. Do something covert(to protect yourself) but inflict some payback. Arrest/eviction/whatever. Hostility can be a good thing if it is used to correct a social injustice. I don't have any differentiation between what are called "animals" and "humans". Seagulls covered in an oil slick for example. Who is the animal or the human in that scenario? I'm rambling. Sorry. I am sad today but you should do an act of unkindness for these bastards. Wish I was there to help get it done, I would enjoy that! But don't go outside the law. That's a cover-my-butt statement. I am non-violent. Very vulnerable actually. But if I could make a difference with a phone call and correct an injustice....I would.
My two pesos worth(God I miss Eddy),
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 21 2010, 02:44

Hoping that Jim doesn't think i am  being impertinent .

When nightshift is done and at home you would greet
Your best little mate who lay at your feet

Barking at night , annoying neighbors aplenty
They just didn't get his job as your sentry

But now back with his mum we know this is sad
He'd rather be at home with his dad

Now the house is quiet and we know it's a shame
You still got your legs but we all know you're lame

As Valentina plans to soon fell apart
It must have been a double blow to the heart

But weekend and holiday's man you still got
When Ed's back in the arms of his dear Scatterplot

And if the house is too quiet please Jim do not fret
You'll always have friends here at Tubular Net.

:)
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 21 2010, 12:09

Quote (Scatterplot @ April 20 2010, 15:00)
But if I could make a difference with a phone call and correct an injustice....I would.

So would I. Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my last post, the landlord doesn't care if they're dealers. And the police only come into this hellhole to get their drugs. The animal shelter would seem to be too scared to take any animals. So there really isn't anything I can do.

This town wasn't nearly so bad when I moved here. It's gone downhill so much. This isn't the first time I've had to rescue a pet from an abusive neighbor in the last year or so, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm not trying to be Mister Goody-two-shoes superhero here or anything. It's just that animal abuse makes me sick and I can't not do anything about it.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 21 2010, 14:33

Goddamit I'm about ready to get over my fear of flying and come over there and take care of this pulp fiction style! All kidding aside, I pulled up your profile, no location entered. Most on tube net live in England.....I guess you do too, or Australia. I'm a very peace loving guy who avoids police involvement no matter the situation or the cost. Police are just thugs with a badge and the power to restrain you with a chain and a cage. They cost me my nursing career. Nuff said, except that in 1991 I was married to a violent woman who was alcoholic. One day while I was at a class, she drank a bottle of Mogen David(MD 20-20) cheap wine and I came home. She got hostile, threw plates etc. I called 911. She ripped the phone cord out of the wall seconds after the connection was made. But that was enough. They had my location. Austin PD came and talked to us seperately. I could hear her from a distance screaming like a drunken banshee. I was stone cold sober talking to an officer(mexican of course-barely able to write based on the police report I obtained from my lawyer later. She was Janie where her name was Ann. I was George where my name is James). He asked me(even tho my apt. was -carefully- in my name), "Do you have a place to go tonight?" I said yes I have a freind Rick, in Round Rock. That is minutes north of Austin BTW. He said "not good enough, has to be in Travis county", then slapped the cuffs on. I was in jail for a night, but the situation in nursing school was: in the summer session 3 missed school days results in dismissal. Between the meetings with my lawyer and the court.......I exceeded that limit and was removed from the nursing dept. The timeline skewed forever to lead me here at almost 50yo. The reason I was taken: she had a 1YO son. Even red faced drunk, it's arrest the male and ask questions later. We males are all labeled as abusers no mater what. Once in court when the judge asked if anyone was present to dispute my case.....she and my lawyer sat silent. Case dismissed. But prior to the court, I could hear a female DA(with a dyke agenda of course)...."Let's give James some jail time and anger management classes." Wow. Annie was a nightmare. And we can see sexism here. Point being: females with power always want to RUIN a male. They do. And I was. But that police report I obtained from my Attorney.....was like, written by a 6yo kid. So you see my point? I'm 50. No degree. The timeline would have changed had I graduated. I would have married someone else, bought a house(no dog anxiety) and been happy in my 30's and 40's. An entire life wasted for a few pigs. I think about timelines a lot. How I could go back and avoid a meeting in 1990. Maybe me and "Ann" will cross paths one day. No comment after this.
    Syd, get mean. I'm still meek(I lay low and NEVER invoke police involvement) but I'm mean. Get them somehow. Save the dog somehow. BTW, the part about never including police came from my brother I have not heard from in years. He was once a practicing Atty. and said "avoid police contact at all cost". He was right. I wish the timeline could be changed. Maybe I'll find "ann" sometime. Payback......it's a real thing. A life lost deserves a response. Just like your dog. Get mean. I'm getting meaner by the minute.....in 1991 all  I wanted was a degree. I got shite.  A lesson to young people, get a skill first, get control. Then think about a bonding.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: April 21 2010, 17:38

I am sorry this is my first post, but I have to point out that the opinions expressed in "Jim's" name are appalling. I assumed I was viewing a thread where people expressed decent and thoughtful opinions allayed to a love of Mr Oldfield's work.Perhaps how they were inspired by same during their daily lives.
In no way meaning to offend, I would trust the aforementioned gentleman? seek relative therapy-if not already underway.
CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 21 2010, 18:40

Quote (Cooper Roy @ April 21 2010, 17:38)
I am sorry this is my first post, but I have to point out that the opinions expressed in "Jim's" name are appalling. I assumed I was viewing a thread where people expressed decent and thoughtful opinions allayed to a love of Mr Oldfield's work.Perhaps how they were inspired by same during their daily lives.
In no way meaning to offend, I would trust the aforementioned gentleman? seek relative therapy-if not already underway.
CR

I always find it hilarious when people make comments like yours with the excuse 'I don't mean to offend' or some related BS. If you don't mean to offend, why are using your very first post to put someone down? Something to think about. Leave Jim alone.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 21 2010, 18:42

Oh, and Jim: I actually live in America. I won't give my exact location, but suffice to say 'Redneck central' in the Appalachians.
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: April 21 2010, 19:11

Mmmmm.....
Jim couldn't take a joke the first time around.
That makes two of you,Syd B.
To paraphrase Morrissey :"America,so much to answer for."
CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 21 2010, 19:48

Pray do educate me... I didn't see anything to laugh at. Scatterplot/Jim and I both have been going through a lot of pain and stress lately (in case you didn't read, we've both had to part with pets) and I don't find anything humorous in your post. Of course you're a Morrissey fan so I don't expect much intelligence from you.
Profile PM 
418 replies since Mar. 25 2010, 22:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net