Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A Day in the Life of a Tublarian, Or rather our version of "The View"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 23 2010, 04:53

So why ignore his apology
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 23 2010, 05:08

Was he given chance?

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 05:57

I guess not
Time for a break
Expect me when you see me :/
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 06:43

Wiga, I did not "give him away", only on the workdays. I had to do it to avoid eviction. It's either let him keep the neighbors awake, and then be homeless. How do I train him to stop barking all night when I'm gone? As far as "what have I started"? I don't know why these guys keep at it. I'm done. I even apologised, but Cooper is obsessed with my post up there. Now, I'm going to try and stay logged out. Coop, drop this. Quit argueing yall! Have a beer on me.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 07:09

Wiga, we did give him a chance. Look at the last page, I asked if we could stop the mudslinging. But he kept on. And on.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 07:13

Jim Scatterplot - you'd have to look into it, but there ARE ways of training your dog not to bark - even when you're away. This article here on training a dog not to bark says that a happy and well exercised dog usually sleeps when the owner is away. Most trainers seem to emphasise that you have to treat a dog like a dog - not a human being, in order to get its obedience.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 07:37

At the risk of sticking my foot in it i think it may be time to stop both of these things.Jim we know how hurt you are about losing Eddy,we all understand mate and i for one am gutted for you but i understand why he had to go.
I don't really think that there was much you could do about it.
As for the ongoing Coop thing then it's over now.Things were said,mud was slung and some people don't know when to stop (btw Syd and Milamber i'm not talking about you guys nor am i talking about Jim).Lets just forget about it now.And Jim,don't go mate.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 08:38

I think it's good to talk until misunderstandings are cleared up.

Scatterplot has been upset because he had to give up his dog at weekdays (or does he - that is still being debated)- he vented his distress but went a bit too far. Our new poster Cooper Roy took offence to some of the content. Scatter apologised, Milamber and Syd rounded on him, Cooper Roy came back to illustrate that his grievance was infact a grievance, he was rounded on again, but Milamber withdrew that post. Syd says Cooper Roy was given a chance - and Caveman says we should stop talking about it now.

Scatter, Milamber and Syd (and maybe Cooper Roy) are all going off now - a while - they say.

I hope they all come back and talk this through to resolution - but I particularly hope that Cooper Roy has not been driven off the board.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 08:39

Ok fair enough.Just trying to keep the peace.

--------------
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 08:41

Yeah well just think on - ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 08:55

Hang on just a moment.If i've misread this forgive me but i was actually saying that a lot of shit has been said here and i was trying to mediate before the thing got worse that it already was.Sure talk it out but sounds to me like it's all been said and i just figure that it was going in circles with "he said this and then that"etc.Everyone said stuff that was probably not appropreate.Don't tell me to think on when i haven't been involved in it at all up to this point and was trying to calm it all down again!
And Eddy has already gone and i think Jim has had enough hurt without being told to get the dog back and train it!

--------------
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 09:11

Oi Oi Oi - that was a tongue in cheek - "just think on".

I do tough love - and suggesting that Scatter trains the dog is tough love. I say channel the anger into training the dog. You say, ' I don't think there was much you could do about it'. I COULD say that is defeatist and non-caring?

Like I say, this can all be talked through ....

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 10:06

Ok.I apologise.I'm jst going to pick up your PM.

--------------
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 11:03

No need - it's a funny place the internet and forums. Miisunderstandings easily happen, in a way they don't happen face to face - sometimes you need to double check. When I first joined here I hardly PMed anyone at all, I wish I had - it's a useful tool - avoids that unsettled feeling  of unfinished business.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 11:14

You're right.I replied btw.Ah the weekend is here.Speak to you all on monday. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 11:17

Just had a thought:-

Oi Oi
R-e-s-o-l-u-t-i-o-n
Oi Oi
Chariot abound...

:laugh:

If you misunderstand - PM me - anyone Pm me I mean - if you misunderstand - me.

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 24 2010, 00:24

Good cheer, good cheer.......be happy.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: April 24 2010, 06:47

Tell you what. All us Usual Suspects go find a quiet room, form a circle (hand-holding,if so desired) and bawl TB1 Piltdown Man lyrics till we are all re-birthed.Then off to the pub for a pint.(Scatterplot's buying-so he said...)  
 :p

Worked for Mike a while back...  ;)

CR

btw Ta,Wiga :)

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 24 2010, 08:07

I did say that, indeed I did. That sounds like a great idea. I would enjoy hearing you talk about working for MO. Sees yous.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: April 30 2010, 03:44

After months of speculation , release dates being pushed back time and time again and official websites moving and or disappearing and even the rumors of ultimate editions its good news at last.
This week the Melbourne Herald Sun newspaper announced that finally Singstar Wiggles for Xbox and Ps3 will be out in 2 months time for Australia wide release .
Extensive back catalog is included
And the rumored Ultimate Edition is limited to 250 copies is signed and comes with a colored skivvy and a electric prodding stick so you can finally wake Jeff the f**k up.

UK fans that cant wait for it to reach their shores may be able to obtain a copy from Nightspore (if you ask nicely) as he is rumoured to have 6 UE's on order.

:p
Profile PM 
418 replies since Mar. 25 2010, 22:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net