Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: A Day in the Life of a Tublarian, Or rather our version of "The View"< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 22 2010, 01:13

Wow. My "venting" made someone angry. For that I apologize. I should not be "venting" in the first place. I just don't see how Cooper cant sympathize with the concepts that: A. One person's act of lunacy twenty years in the past, spanning minutes can change someone else's life for decades. B. Public servants who make "value-decisions" on other people's lives make poor, poor decisions(based on lack of education and gender/racial profiling) and your own ruination will result. So be very careful and avoid the system. That's a clear point that most would agree on yes? Although perhaps I was too verbose before.
    Cooper, I have left a thousand Oldfield-related posts, some even in the tech areas. Perhaps I have strayed lately, but look at the title of this particular "Thread". But when it comes to the point that my "venting" is driving away new prospective memberships, I have to take a step back and wonder if I should post at all? I apologize for my immature and angry post.
    Beyond the fact that I am looking forward to a new album, I've pretty much said all I can say about MO and his music in 2+ years. My apologies. I simply am down because my decision to move was futile, expensive, and resulted in the loss of my companion. Have a nice time on Tubular dot net. There will be no more emotional "venting" on my part.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 22 2010, 02:58

Quote (Cooper Roy @ April 22 2010, 10:11)
Mmmmm.....
Jim couldn't take a joke the first time around.
That makes two of you,Syd B.
To paraphrase Morrissey :"America,so much to answer for."
CR

I guess the 3 other people on the Morrissey site got sick of him .

But maybe he just was having a bay day.
MOST people here gave me a second chance after my tanty
so i will do the same.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 05:48

I'm not getting where this is going. Am I the maggot? And who/what is Morrissey?

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 06:16

No Jim your not
I was moved by your plight so much i thought
my rhyme may bring a smile to your face at least for a little while
I lost my "best friend pooch wise" 10 years ago and still cant bring myself to get another dog  .
This dude just ticked me off thats all.
You can go anywhere here and discuss specific topics until your hearts content so why target you or Syd pointless really.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 06:55

I see. It was a cool poem. I'll google that morrissey thing to find out what it is....

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 07:12

Morrisey was the singer in the Smiths who were a band from Manchester around in the 1980's and now a solo artist.Dunno if they were big in the USA but they were huge here.
 Personally i don't like them or him much (except for Johnny Marr their guitarists who was very good in a jangly sort of way)as i always found his singing to be extremely miserable and self obsessed with songs like Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now and a million others.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 10:21

The great white handkerchief, is that a reference to recent volcanic ash clowds?

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 11:07

@ Scatterplot: We don't mind your emotional venting, that's what this thread is for. It is 'Our Version of the View'.

@ Cooper Ray: I'm really not in the mood for mudslinging, so why don't we forget this happened, and you can stay away from non-MO threads.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 11:49

Quote (Scatterplot @ April 22 2010, 10:21)
The great white handkerchief, is that a reference to recent volcanic ash clowds?

Nah.It's a Douglas Adams reference.The theory that the universe was in fact sneezed from the nose of the great Arkleseazure.The beleivers in this theory live in perpetual fear of the time they call the great white handkercheif.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: April 22 2010, 12:13

A belated welcome to Milamber and welcome to Cooper Ray.

Of all the forum sections/topics, the Meet and Greet is where we let our hair down (those having hair, anyway), get off-topic, and vent a bit, hopefully in a way that doesn't prevent air travel and cool the world's temperature (well, maybe decreasing the world temp isn't such a bad thing atm).

Jim, I am so sorry to hear about Eddie. Anyone who has been here for even a few weeks knows of your attachment to him. It totally sucks eggs.

Regarding topics, methinks if we sorta-kinda follow the forum guidelines, particularly the sections asking members to avoid posting anything inflammatory or disruptive, excessively profane or vulgar, containing racist or sexist material, or other material of a discriminatory nature, all will be right with the world-or the forums, anyway! :)

A day in the life of....I started out the day at the dentist's, then went to work and left as soon as I got there due to a sick teenage daughter. I have stuff home to work on though and hopefully will get through all of it. Early evening I shall run 6-7 miles, contribute some storytelling in Second Life later on, then read.

Peace, love, and pony swims,

M-C

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 12:50

Phew! When I saw that you had posted, Inkanta, I was afraid you had locked the thread (no offense to admins or anything). I'm glad that you didn't. For the most part it's been a nice discussion area, and I think we can work out the problems that have arisen.

Hope your daughter gets better soon, and have a good time on Second Life (I can never wrap my head around the thing).
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 14:44

I guess we all have bad times. Untill mine is over I will stay away. Your the only family I have, yet I can't inflict anymore depression. The HR reissue is coming, Some form of MO new album is in the works. Goodbye untill I get my seperation/companion/hoping I would make feinds at this complex in order. I thought arrogantly that moving to a nicer part of town would get me freinds. They are cold.  No interest. Just people on their "way" to whatever they do. Anyway I had good input in my early days on toob-net. Untill I have something "NICE" to say, I'll leave you to your Tubular errands. I did see a nice concert vid. The Doobie brothers circa 1996. Good American rock 'n roll old school.......Great show! God bless. See ya sometime when my news is MO related. New Album!

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 15:41

I'm leaving town tomorrow to go see TransAtlantic! Yay!

Jim, hope you get everything sorted out soon, see you then.
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 17:35

Scatterplot quotes:

(of others)
...poor,poor decisions(based on lack of education and gender/racial profiling)

(personal opinions)
...talking to an officer(mexican of course-barely able to write...

...a female DA(with a dyke agenda of course)

Just the facts.Syd B./milamber.

Thankyou,Inkanta. (It will be) A pleasure to be here.

My Best from Brum to all.

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 17:52

Listen. I asked if we could stop the mudslinging, and you've got your hand in the puddle already. 3 out of 3 total of your posts have put someone down. I don't know what the hell your problem is, but if you don't like the tone of this thread then stay off of it.
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 18:02

I respectfully suggest an Admin reminds members of historical presence ,the Guidelines previously stated.

I regret the stance of the honourable member herein.

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: April 22 2010, 18:06

But surely you can understand my stance. Someone signs up and immediately starts attacking people, including one of my best friends on the forum. I certainly don't agree with everything Scatterplot says but he has his opinion and I respect that. Maybe you should stick around a little bit, gain an understanding of where people are coming from before you attack them. This is my last response to you as I see this is going nowhere.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 02:28

Good grief Jim Scatterplot - what have you started here!

And why have you given your dog away? If it's not house trained - get it some dog training - it's not too late. Good dog training can be hard going, but it works - don't be so quick to throw in the towel.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 02:57

Hi Wiga glad you are back thought volcanic ash had got you :)
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: April 23 2010, 04:41

I disagree.

Cooper Roy expressed a grievance about Scatterplot's post - a legitimate grievance from what I can see.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
418 replies since Mar. 25 2010, 22:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net