Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Songs of Distant Earth(Promo Only), I have it< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
allisternz Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 26 2003, 19:47

My best mates ex-girlfriend used to work for Clive Banks Management.Through her I got heaps of free Mike stuff(lucky me!)including 2 promo-only CD's.One is TSODE,with plain dark blue cover(the lettering on front and back is same style as album),the cd is black,again with same lettering.The other is the sentinel(edit) single promo on Reprise records(made in USA).
 Can anyone tell me if these are rare or have any value?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 27 2003, 00:27

Best to check Rainer Münz's discography for them - http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/%7Ejk0/oldfield/oldfield.htm
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: June 27 2003, 13:54

As far as I know there are quite a few of those TSODE promo CD's going about. I got one a couple of weeks before the album came out in 1994 from a friend who worked in a CD shop and he had a few to give away so I reckon they're probably quite common. There's nothing special about it, no cover picture etc, you'd have be a real completest to want to own it.
Profile PM 
allisternz Offline

Posted: June 27 2003, 21:59

Cheers for that.TSODE really is a great album by the way.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 28 2003, 07:36

Some of them Rainer reckons to be quite valuable - it just depends on the exact edition...
It certainly wouldn't have much value outside real completist collectors, but they're often the people who'll pay anything to get something they don't have.
Profile PM 
allisternz Offline

Posted: June 28 2003, 08:20

Well I'll be holding onto my copy anyway.It's nice to have something that's a little different.What is special is the music that's on there. :)
Profile PM 
5 replies since June 26 2003, 19:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net