Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Muse sheet music< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Virnas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 30 2003, 00:48

Could anyone please point me in the direction of an actual sheet music version of Muse? (Assuming it exists! )  I'm having a bear of a time with the TAB since I was trained as a classical guitarist.  Additionally, any suggestions on where to find sheet music on some of his other guitar work?

Thanks!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 30 2003, 07:42

There's not really very much - most of the books (like the Elements and Tubular Bells III ones) are piano/vocal sheet music.
Unfortunately for those like yourself who prefer to read from notation, tab tends to be the most common format for distributing amateur transcriptions for guitar, as you probably know already, both because it's easily portable between systems (anyone who can open a standard text file with a fixed width font can read it) and because a large number of guitarists don't read music.

I would think you might be best, at least in the case of Muse, to have a go at working it out yourself. Having a classical background, you might even want to work out a solo guitar version. I've arranged a few of Mike's pieces for solo guitar (mostly ones that weren't played on guitar originally) for a bit of fun - I think they can sound really nice that way, but others may have different opinions (a few people here might even have heard me play them) ;). I might transcribe them if I get a chance, but that's unlikely for the moment, I think.

Another possibility is to take a MIDI file of the piece you'd like to play (one that sounds accurate, of course! ), and use sequening or score writing software to print out the music from that.

Anyway, welcome to the forums (or fora, rather...)!
Profile PM 
1 replies since Sep. 30 2003, 00:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net