Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Lucie Oldfield< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 23 2003, 11:33

In today's The Sun newspaper(Saturday August 23rd)there is a piece about a Lucie Oldfield who is the first British woman to be a playboy centrefold for 25 years,and she is gorgeous,any relation to another famous Oldfield ;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2003, 14:17

Just to have some laugh on here,there´s a music journalist called Michael Oldfield.And I remember reading an old article in a mag about Mikey Boy and there was on the very same page from the mag an article written by this journalist.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2003, 14:47

There is also a singer from (South?) Africa called Wendy Oldfield. Definitely no relation, though.
Plus, (maybe this is the right place to tell this curiosity at last :)) in my school there were two English teachers called Mr Oldfield and Mr Bedford. Note that this was in Germany! A really strange coincidence if you ask me.
Profile PM 
Afgyhi Offline

Posted: Aug. 23 2003, 15:10

Wow, thats weird Holger... I dont know anybody named Oldfield or whatsoever

--------------
Crises! Crises!!
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Aug. 24 2003, 07:20

Yeah, that's funny and weird at the same time Holger! :O

There is also a programmer working at Sierra (game software company) called Doug Oldfield. I remember playing all these games like Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry and Quest for Glory, seeing this name flying by.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2003, 03:43

I think there are plenty of Oldfields around the world, and maybe there also are plenty of Michael Oldfields. Back in 1992, when I had just started getting into Mike's music, I met a guy called Michael Oldfield during an English course I attended in Toronto. I don't know where he ended up, but as he was the same age as me (22) I don't think that he went back to England to compose and record wonderful music. :laugh:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: Aug. 25 2003, 04:15

There's an australian painter called Mike Oldfield !
See his site : http://www.mikeoldfieldart.com/public/home.ehtml

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 26 2003, 13:39

You've got to remember that although Oldfield isn't a particularly common name it's also not hugely uncommon either, a quick look in my local phone book revealed about 6 or 7 Oldfields in this small part of Scotland alone. That coupled with the fact that Micheal is a hugely common name would suggest that the name Mike Oldfied is not by any means a rarity.
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 26 2003, 14:44

Well,if you see Mike´s parents full name,you can conclude that his name is Michael Gordon,and Oldfield as last name!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Gilliana Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2003, 02:03

Recently i saw a documentary film in NGC, about the evolution, and the music composer's name was Terry Oldfiled... any relations? ... and the official MO site's creator is called F. Oldfield... and there is another composer  called Gareth Oldfield, as far as I remember...! :)

--------------
'Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around'

'Send me your dream, one more to believe in
Send me a dream, realities lost and unseeen.....'
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2003, 08:31

Yes, Terry Oldfield is Mike's brother, a rather well-known New Age composer. F. Oldfield is Mike's wife Fanny. I haven't heard of Gareth Oldfield.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2003, 15:11

In this months FHM mens magazine,there is a list of the hotest 100 girls next door in the UK,and there are 2 girls with the Oldfield surname ;)
Profile PM 
Tieò_mesaèného_svitu Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2003, 15:56

And there is also a writer called Elizabeth Oldfield.
Few months ago I borrowed her novel "Perfect Hero". It turned out to be a sentimental, painful love story. Although I hadn't read it, I brought it back to the library.
Unfortunatelly, not all Oldfields are talented...
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Sep. 08 2003, 16:28

I guess Mike will have quite an extended family of his own. I don't know if his sister Sally has any kids but I know that Terry does I think have have about 3 children all round about the same age as Mike's oldest lot. So there will be quite a cluster of Oldfields of the musical variety.
Profile PM 
Gilliana Offline

Posted: Sep. 09 2003, 09:06

What does New Age composer means? I mean, what genre? Sorry, my english is not perfect :)

Ps.: If we talk about Mike's family... Noah's mom is also Anita Hegerland?

--------------

Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 09 2003, 20:10

With Anita Hergerland,Mike had Greta and Noah,yeah.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2003, 09:46

Actually, New Age is a genre name... I'm not an expert on it myself, but I'd say it's generally meant to be relaxing, meditative music and mostly utilizes a lot of synthesizers, although Terry also plays flute and panpipes. Things like whale song and chirping birds are often incorporated... that kind of stuff.
Mike himself sometimes gets put into that category, though he's expressed his disapproval of that (and I agree with him, although he does come close to this style with albums like The Songs Of Distant Earth, Voyager, Tres Lunas, and parts of The Millennium Bell).
Profile PM 
Gilliana Offline

Posted: Sep. 10 2003, 12:58

Thanx a lot! And...is Fanny the same as F. Oldfield, the www.mikeoldfield.com site maintainer and creator?

And sorry, I'm sure the other musician isn't called Gareth, but sy like Robert or ...I don't know.... sorry!

--------------

Profile PM 

Posted: Sep. 10 2003, 17:44

Quote (Gilliana @ Sep. 10 2003, 13:58)
Thanx a lot! And...is Fanny the same as F. Oldfield, the www.mikeoldfield.com site maintainer and creator?

Yep!

F.Oldfield = Fanny Oldfield

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Gilliana Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2003, 10:11

Has Fanny have any records? Or are there mp3-s in the web from her works or sg. in another format?

--------------

Profile PM 
27 replies since Aug. 23 2003, 11:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net