Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hello everyone< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Blind Guardian Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 09 2013, 03:25

Hi everyone :)

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.I hope to have a good time here and get to know many other people who like Mike's music.

I'm 49 years old and live in the southeast of Holland a few kilometers away from both the german and Belgian borders.
Ive been a fan of Mike Oldfield's music ever since 1978. I love most of his albums, but have my favorites of course. I guess my biggest favorites are Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge, Incantations, Five Miles Out, Crises, Discovery, Amarok, Heaven's Open, Guitars and Music of the Spheres. I'll also honestly say im not too keen on Earth moving, Islands and Tres Lunas, but that's just a matter of taste I guess.

Mike's music is very special to me. Personally I think the man is one of the most brilliant musicians that I have ever heard. His music has helped me through quite a few difficult times in life as well. Sadly enough I have never been able to see him live yet..

I have always been pretty alone as a Mike Oldfield fan, somehow I have never met many people who really liked his music.

So im hoping to find some good contacts and good times with other fans and maybe even build a few friendships over time.

Best wishes to everyone :)
Profile PM 
Brewer Offline

Posted: May 09 2013, 07:25

Welcome.

--------------
Maker of MOs favourite beverage

No trees were harmed in the creation and sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: May 10 2013, 17:42

Welcome, Blind Guardian, and we hope you find all you seek.  While the boards may be a little quiet at the moment it doesn't take much - say a date for a re-release - to get us going again!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Blind Guardian Offline

Posted: May 12 2013, 14:52

Brewer and Cavalier, thanks for the welcome :)

Cavalier, I've been on quite some message boards through the last 20 years and the quiet times are bound to happen on almost any message board.

Im still looking around a lot, im surprised at how many boards there are here ! :)

I need some time to get into it all. But im enjoying reading everything and getting to know this place a bit
Profile PM 
3 replies since May 09 2013, 03:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net