Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike's Music - Your Covers - My Radio Show, Looking for fan covers for Oldfield show< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Covenant Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 12 2014, 05:16

Hi All,

Some of you may know that I run a weekly Oldfield and Related radio show at The Look 247, an online Radio Station that runs 24 hours a day. (I also do a regular 'all music' show on Saturday nights 9pm GMT by the way!;)  :)

I have had many 'themes' during the Oldfield shows, but what I am working on at the moment, is pulling together a TOTALLY 'fan-based' show, with Mike's music being played by the community that makes up his audience.

To those ends...

If YOU have created a Mike Oldfield (or even someone he has collaborated with) cover and you would like the tracks(s) played on the show, then please reply to this post with a valid link to the track so I can download it! (minimum 128kb quality)

At the moment, could I ask that ONLY those who created the tracks respond with links? I understand that a lot of people know a lot of tracks, but it would sit better with me if the creators actually knew I was going to play their stuff.

ALL tracks will be fully credited (unless you don't want them to be!;)

Thanks all!
JCL
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2014, 06:06

Hey, great idea (of course I'd say that!)

My stuff is on Soundcloud but not downloadable...to save me the faff of changing the settings can I email the files to you? Can send you CD quality aiff (big!) or any flavour of mp3?

If that's OK email me your address at

[my user name here]@gmail.com

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 16 2014, 06:31

I've got a track coming out in a few weeks I'd love your listeners (Mikes fans) to hear...Very SODE and Mirage inspired...

Will be a free DL on Soundcloud..

Preview here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=casPn9_2iEw
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2014, 05:53

Quote (Milamber @ Feb. 16 2014, 11:31)
I've got a track coming out in a few weeks I'd love your listeners (Mikes fans) to hear...Very SODE and Mirage inspired...

Will be a free DL on Soundcloud..

Preview here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=casPn9_2iEw

Hi There!
Thanks for the reply ...

It's not exactly what I was looking for to be honest, I'm more looking for actual Oldfield covers...
THAT SAID... I think there is probably also a place for Mike "inspired" music, so... Yeah... I shall get this on a playlist in the near future!

(To be honest, hasn;t been much of a take-up... I dunno if people are afraid they will be lambasted or something, but this is simply trying to show the wider community that there are some damned talented people out there! )

Come on guys! Get yer tracks out!!
:)
Profile PM 
oGUH Offline

Posted: Feb. 27 2014, 16:00

hi, do you think this is suitable for your show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnD3MBGiX8s
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Feb. 28 2014, 20:35

Quote (oGUH @ Feb. 27 2014, 21:00)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnD3MBGiX8s

Absolutely!!!!!
Thanks!!
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Mar. 01 2014, 12:34

Quote (oGUH @ Feb. 27 2014, 21:00)

Really nicely done, one of my favourite bits from one of my favourite albums...

...from the days when Mike wrote some proper tunes!

--------------

Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2014, 06:25

Hi All,
Just hitting this thresad too as this is where the idea took root!    :D

Well - we'd have to go some to beat last week's astounding times! Massive audience and brilliant connections in the Chatroom!

This week? Well, this week will mark the start of the Oldfield Community Covers, shows - The Music of Mike Made By YOU!

There are some amazingly talented musicians out there, and some very interesting renditiotns of Mike's works to be had!

I reckon I have at least enough for three shows worth, so this week see's: Show ONE! Mike Oldfield Covershow!
Join us at 9PM GMT  The Look 247  Hope to see you there!
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Mar. 10 2014, 12:44

Excellent! Will be there!

--------------

Profile PM 
oGUH Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2014, 10:10

Quote (Covenant @ Mar. 10 2014, 06:25)
Hi All,

Well - we'd have to go some to beat last week's astounding times! Massive audience and brilliant connections in the Chatroom!

This week? Well, this week will mark the start of the Oldfield Community Covers, shows - The Music of Mike Made By YOU!

There are some amazingly talented musicians out there, and some very interesting renditiotns of Mike's works to be had!

I reckon I have at least enough for three shows worth, so this week see's: Show ONE! Mike Oldfield Covershow!

I missed it, can I download it somewhere?
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2014, 12:08

Quote (oGUH @ Mar. 21 2014, 15:10)
Quote (Covenant @ Mar. 10 2014, 06:25)
Hi All,

I missed it, can I download it somewhere?

Hi There,

Well, as it stands, the station *is* able to make these 'covers' shows available as they are not 'licensed' music!

What I am looking to do is finish the set of shows (3 or 4) and then make them all available with links to the artists.

Keep an eye open, because I will be looking for the artists to give me some details about their own websites, or bandcamp pages or similar.

Cheers
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2014, 12:11

Hey all,
Early warning for this one!

Wednesday 26th March is The Oldfield Community Covers Show (part 2).

The entire chatroom was blown away by the tracks in the first show! And they were only chosen at random! There are some astoundingly talented people out there!

So, if you want a fix of the maestro's work, as played (VERY WELL INDEED! ) by others, then join us at The Look 247 - 9PM GMT. Look forward to seeing you there!

Cheers!
Profile PM 
11 replies since Feb. 12 2014, 05:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net