Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Chicken Sounds, They're everywhere, they're everywhere!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 20 2024, 21:56

Has anyone noticed the distinct chickenish sounds near the Morris section of "Taurus 2"? I wonder what that is supposed to mean?

Thinking along these lines made me realise how homophonically similar the title of Pink Floyd's "La Vallee" is to "La Volaille" (which means "poultry" in French). This invites a whole new reading of the album:

"Obscured by Chickens", "Free Range", "Lay", "The Eggs, They're in the..." etc.
Profile PM 
larstangmark Online

Posted: Mar. 22 2024, 08:55

Quote (nightspore @ Mar. 20 2024, 21:56)
Has anyone noticed the distinct chickenish sounds near the Morris section of "Taurus 2"? I wonder what that is supposed to mean?

Thinking along these lines made me realise how homophonically similar the title of Pink Floyd's "La Vallee" is to "La Volaille" (which means "poultry" in French). This invites a whole new reading of the album:

"Obscured by Chickens", "Free Range", "Lay", "The Eggs, They're in the..." etc.

Isn't that the "Morriss men" cheering?

I saw "La Vallé" for the first time a couple of years ago. It could be one of the worst films I have ever seen. I loved "More", and I expected something more in the line of that movie.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Rider in the Blue Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2024, 20:00

Quote (nightspore @ Mar. 20 2024, 21:56)
<snipped>

At 7:10... yes I always wondered about that... maybe Mike was trying to conjure a rural farmyard atmosphere; Morris dancers and chickens kinda go together. :D

--------------
"Our hope's with you..."
Profile PM 
2 replies since Mar. 20 2024, 21:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net