Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The ending music is very nice and all but..., ...What about Landing?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Terra111 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 13 2003, 12:55

When /\/\archus remixed the music of MusicVR, he put a track on his CD called Landing. He probably wasnt the one who composed it for fun so it probably was in the game when he made the CD, I was wondering, that did anyone looked for it yet?
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Jan. 13 2003, 14:52

Hm... no, I don't recall I've ever heard that piece of music in the game.

Before MVR was released, Mike put some music on his website, like a preview. There was this track called Landing, but I don't know if it made it to the final game. Maybe someone who listened to the game ogg-files can give us an answer?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 13 2003, 17:31

The track is not in the game. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 13 2003, 20:10

it is indeed not in the game.

and im wondering if you are confusing Marcus' cd with mine. there is no track on Marcus' cd called Landing. there is one called LandFALL. unless he made a newer version while i wasnt looking :).

Marcus' cd is called 'Return To The Origin.' Mine is called 'Tr3s Lunas II.' just to clear things up just in case.

ya...anyways, thx for, yknow, reading and stuff...

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
kris
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 14 2003, 01:01

Too bad because Landing is a great track that I had always hoped would be in the game.   I had imagined it as an ending track played when slowly returning from the skies back to the earth, as the title implies.   Oh well, maybe next time.
Terra111 Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2003, 14:42

Um, i did mix up the two albums, sorry  ;)

But if its not in the game why did Mike put it in its files?
Profile PM 

Posted: Feb. 04 2003, 18:51

He didn't. It was among the old demo tracks he had up for download on the old MVR site. The sound file isn't in the game at all. Who knows why. Maybe he forgot to put it in (there is a LOT in the game, it wouldn't be hard to forget).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 18 2003, 09:55

btw.: I guess nobody has yet met the 'big finale' aka track 17 - Rebirth_Tunnel of MVR2 while playing the game? Maybe we should try to ask Mike tomorrow in the BBC2 chat about this...
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: May 18 2003, 12:58

Actually someone has found it. It's a certain way to get the rings or something....I think you have to find every small arch and get every 'Return To The Origin' screen before you get the last one that takes you to the newly grown-over desert with the trees etc. According to him it plays after you exit the rebirth tunnel and are where the spirit says it's proud of you etc. It plays during that time. I haven't tried it yet...makes sense, though. I wonder why I haven't seen it before.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: May 18 2003, 18:09

OK, to be more precise, s/nobody/nobody but Ugo/ ;)
Profile PM WEB 
9 replies since Jan. 13 2003, 12:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net