Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Jean Michel Jarre - IN-DOORS world arena tour< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Robbie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 21 2009, 06:31

With his forthcoming World Arena Tour, Jean Michel Jarre invites the audience to journey into his singular universe; to immerse themselves totally in his world of timeless music and vision, in place and time. He promises with this unique and brand new super production to share the energy of his macro concerts with the emotions of an arena experience. With the fusion of analogue synthesisers, cutting-edge digital technology, oversize HD video projections, spectacular lasers design and lighting choreography he has conceived a show that encapsulates his signature expression and talent for creating milestone events.

Jean Michel Jarre is an innovative artist who has entertained and thrilled millions of people live and has broken several world records with attendance figures. His electronic music and singular performances have travelled the globe and left their imprint on major landmarks from Houston's Skyline, to China, to London's Docklands to the Pyramids of Egypt, to Moscow and &#8230;

He has just concluded a sell-out tour of Europe celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the release of his break-through multi-million selling album, Oxygene.

For his upcoming World Arena Tour he has conceived a spectacular high tech production especially tailor made for arenas where he will perform music from all of his best selling albums.

Jarre revolutionised the out-door concert format with his city-scale events. For this World Arena Tour he aims to break new ground and deliver yet again a unique concert experience."[I]

The tour promises to be Jean Michel's largest yet, with venues being from smaller auditoriums of 3000+ seating, to full scale Arenas of capacities of more than 12,000! The tour will involve a new stage design, with some fantastic lighting effects, Hi-Def projections and videos, Lasers, and even Aero Productions have informed us that the Laser Harp will be involved also!

The tour has been confirmed as a Best Of tour, with tracks being performed from Jean Michel's entire back catalogue, but at the time of writing, Jean Michel and team have not decided on WHAT tracks as yet will or wont be performed, but Aero Productions have confirmed to us that NEW music will be written specially for the shows, with a POSSIBILITY that the new music MAY be incorporated into a future album, but this is in nowhere near decided on yet, as it's only an intention (plus said new music hasnt been written yet anyway).

Dates as of yet :

04/05/09 - Debrecen, Hungary - Fonix Hall (Phoenix Hall)
Venue Capacity: 8,500 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: HUF 8900/9900/11900/12900/
Tickets On Sale Now - www.ticketpro.hu

05/05/09 - Ostrava, Czech Republic - CEZ Arena
Venue Capacity: 12,000 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: CZK 790/890/1090/1190/1690
Tickets On Sale Now - www.ticketpro.cz

06/05/09 - Wroclaw, Poland - Hala Stulecia (Centennial Hall)
Venue Capacity: 6,000 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: Zloty 175/195
Tickets On Sale Now - www.ticketpro.pl

08/05/09 - Aarhus, Denmark - Atletion - NRGi Arena
Venue Capacity: 4,740 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: Kr 595/695/795
Tickets On Sale Now - www.billetnet.dk

09/05/09 - Herning, Denmark - MCH Messecenter Herning
Venue Capacity: 5,200 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: Kr 550/750/775/975
Tickets On Sale Now - www.billetnet.dk

11/05/09 - Malmo, Sweden - Malmo Arena
Venue Capacity: 15,000 - Time: 19:30 - Tickets: SEK 470/570
Tickets On Sale Now - www.ticnet.se

12/05/09 - Goteborg, Sweden - Scandinavium
Venue Capacity: 14,000 - Time: 19:30 - Tickets: SEK 470/570

13/05/09 - Oslo, Norway - Oslo Spektrum
Venue Capacity: 9,700 - Time: 19:30 - Tickets: NOK 450/550
Tickets On Sale Now - www.billettservice.no

14/05/09 - Stockholm, Sweden - Hovet (The Court)
Venue Capacity: 9,800 - Time: 19:30 - Tickets: SEK 570/670

16/05/09 - Helsinki, Finland - Hartwall Areena (Helsinki Arena)
Venue Capacity: 12,000 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: &#8364; 68.70/73.70/78.70
Tickets On Sale Now - www.lippupalvelu.fi

20/05/09 - Glasgow, Scotland - SECC - Clyde Auditorium
Venue Capacity: 3,000 - Time: 19:00 - Tickets: £40/£50
Tickets On Sale Now - www.secctickets.com & www.seetickets.com

22/05/09 - London, England - Wembley Arena
Venue Capacity: 12,500 - Time: 19:00 - Tickets: £45
Tickets On Sale Now - www.ticketmaster.co.uk & www.seetickets.com

23/05/09 - Manchester, England - Manchester Evening News (MEN) Arena
Venue Capacity: 22,000 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: £43.50
Tickets On Sale Now - www.ticketmaster.co.uk

24/05/09 - Birmingham, England - National Indoor Arena (NIA)
Venue Capacity: 13,000 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: £43.50
Tickets On Sale Now - www.seetickets.com

26/05/09 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Heineken Music Hall
Venue Capacity: 5,500 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: &#8364; 59/64/69
Tickets On Sale Now - www.livenation.nl

27/05/09 - Brussels, Belgium - Vorst Nationaal (Forest National)
Venue Capacity: 7,000 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: &#8364; 50/55/60/65/75
Tickets On Sale Now - www.sherpa.be

28/05/09 - Koblenz, Germany - Sporthalle Oberwerth (EXTRA DATE)
Venue Capacity: 5,000 - Time: 21:00 - Tickets: &#8364; 49/59/70/80
Tickets On Sale Now - www.eventim.de

30/05/09 - Zurich, Switzerland - Hallenstadion
Venue Capacity: 13,000 - Time: 20:00 - Tickets: CHF 77/88/99/110/130
Tickets On Sale Now - www.hallenstadion.ch
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2009, 10:09

The best thing I like about Jarre is .......his wife!

Ah la belle Anne Parillaud!

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Robbie Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2009, 12:19

hehe, funny...

Then you have missed some special things...
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Feb. 21 2009, 19:24

Charlotte Rampling wasn't bad either

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Robbie Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2009, 04:20

Well, i think the best thing from Mike is Fanny, but Anita Hegerland was the best...
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2009, 04:27

I'm amazed he can get enough people to play venues like the MEN.  It's near where I live but I couldn't see myself going along, and certainly not at that price.  Is he still popular enough to command these sort of arenas and prices?  Wow, if so he's done jolly well.

Anyway I was more of a Klaus Schulze fan myself.
Profile PM 
Robbie Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2009, 05:52

Have you seen, for example, Madona tickets prices?  ;)
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2009, 16:43

well no, but I'm somewhat less likely to see Madonna than JMJ.  In fact I'd rather go to the dentist.....
Profile PM 
CuNimb Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2009, 07:22

Went to the Oxygene (Manchester) concert last year..superb.
I am going to the In-Doors one in Manchester this year....  :D

--------------
Happy? ha ha ha....
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Feb. 24 2009, 10:10

This is one of the thing im looking forward too. I cant wait to see him again! I dont think i will be so lucky to get his signature again.. :D anyway.. i think this will be a very great experience.. I wish Mike did this............ :(

my photo by jarre by the way :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 24 2009, 15:38

Quote (yanouch65 @ Feb. 21 2009, 10:09)
The best thing I like about Jarre is .......his wife!

Ah la belle Anne Parillaud!

I think I would have kept the previous one, Isabelle Adjani, although she is  not getting any younger.
Profile PM 
Robbie Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2009, 09:53

Jean Michel Jarre loves the West Midlands - because it reminds him of Lyons.

It is not a comparison that one hears very often, but having lived in both cities, the uncrowned king of electronic music is better placed than most to comment.

“I used to live in Birmingham when I was a student, I spent some time there on an exchange scheme to learn English,” he says.

“Birmingham reminds me of my home town, it has a lot in common with Lyons. They are both the second cities, and like Lyons, Birmingham has a mixture of old and new districts.

“It’s a real city. It’s changed a lot in the last 20 to 25 years,” says Jean Michel, now aged 60. “I remember the last time I was here I was walking through the new shopping centre at the Bull Ring. It’s becoming a very exciting city. It’s now got the feel of a big European city, like London, Paris or Berlin.”

Jarre returns to the Midlands this summer for one of just four concerts in the UK.

But while he is known throughout the world for his spectacular outdoor concerts - his 1997 concert in Moscow attracted a world record crowd of 3.5 million - with huge crowds and spectacular laser projections illuminating the skies, his new tour is very different, something highlighted by his choice of venue - Birmingham’s National Indoor Arena.

He plays Birmingham on Sunday, May 24. Tickets are £43.50, plus booking fee.

Jarre says the aim of his In-Doors tour is to combine his experience of outdoor shows with some of the techniques used in theatre and opera, to give an even more intense experience.

“In some ways, at concerts you are more watching than listening. If you just want something to listen to, you can do that on a CD or an MP3 file, but when you are at a concert you want something to look at as well.

“We are all stuck in our worlds, the theatre world, or the opera world. What I’m trying to do is bring some of the lighting effects from the opera to electronic music; they are there to help the music, not to just to provide a bit of light.”

It is more than 30 years since Jarre’s groundbreaking album Oxygene took the world by storm, and he remembers not everybody was convinced. “Even my mum asked, ‘Why are you giving your music the name of a gas?’,” he says.

“It was like a UFO, it was made in the middle of the disco and punk eras and the record companies said ‘What is it?”

But while much of the clinical, hard-edged electronic music of the 1970s catered only for a narrow, niche market, the airy melodic character of Oxygene gave it a mass-market appeal - the signature track Oxygene Part IV reached No. 4 in the British singles chart, and is probably the best-known piece of electronic music ever produced.

Today, electronic sounds are almost universally used in the production of commercial pop music, and the equipment has certainly moved on a long way since the 1970s. But Jean Michel believes too much use of technology can lead to a sanitised, predictable sound, and for that reason he will be playing many period instruments when he comes to Birmingham.

“I will be playing the old analogue synthesisers, it’s a totally live situation, without any computers. There’s a bit of danger, things can go wrong,” he says.

“I think there’s a big difference between working with computers and working live on stage. Sitting in front of a computer is more cerebral, when you play instruments live on stage, it’s a more intuitive process. I suppose it’s like inviting people into your home and cooking something there - all kinds of accidents may happen.”

It also means no two concerts are the same, and after almost 40 years in the music, he is still working on his style.

“It’s quite a fresh approach to the songs. New creative processes are being used, there is the opportunity to improvise on stage. You’re creating new sounds in front of the audience. You’re almost sharing the creative process with them, trying new things. It’s quite exciting.”

http://www.expressandstar.com/2009/0...ing-new-doors/

Originally from Czech Republic, sorry for translational mistakes:

-Done for you to board Oxygene tour, you're reminded of 30 years. How do you act today, this music is truly timeless, or rather nostalgic?

I think it's timeless music. This project has been long awaited. It was exciting to play Oxygene original old tools. It is already closed but the chapter. Now we deal with ideas that I have long been in the head. Thoughts on the world tour In-doors, which will begin in May My idea is that this will be the selection of timeless hits as well as my current work. Also, there should be, for example, elements of opera. It will, I hope, quite unique mix.

-In the coming concert will present the best of his career. What specifically performances offer?

Far to not only songs from Oxygene, those were also on past tours. Now it will songs from popular albums Equinoxe, Chronology, and more. This mix is going to foreign music.

The tour will also unusual that I recorded some demos, and ta leave, they are evolving in concert. From songs that arise, I would like to do another studio album and to give him during the tour. It's about something interesting and even quite new. At the same time I want to each concert was unique. In each country, I would like to create something specifically for local audiences.

-At the beginning of the Oxygene concerts you walked among the audience. Came to you that someone you zdravil horliv&#283;ji than you were comfortable?

Sometimes really was not completely easy to get to the podium, but I never thought of which had a bad feeling. Going by the crowd was a unique experience. No, say rather the audience. It is one of the options, how to get in contact with people who like your music. It was an intensive experience. I really enjoyed it.

-So sometimes you repeat?

Really it was nice, but I would hate to repeat, so that the next intro is different. Method of stage presentation and some other ideas are exciting. I hope that this audience will be like.

-What do you currently in the music inspires?

It excited me a new project on behalf of the French electronic YÜKSEK. U2 is a lot like me, even if they are not too electronic. Otherwise, listen to the majority of electronic music. But actually the rock and jazz. It depends on what kind of mood I am.

-What was the last time your biggest cultural experience?

I am really excited by film Danny Boyle millionaire from shacks, which got a lot of Oscars. It is a masterpiece, made a big impression on me. Every great film that I recommend.

-What it for you was so fascinating?

I liked the approach. Realistic story of everyday life is processed very artistic and creative style. It does not just describe life as it is. It can handle an unusual way, give it a new form, which you draw your originality and touches you emotionally. This applies to books, music, movies, theater, just all the arts. I hope that my next project will also create the atmosphere and the good vibrations on the stage in the audience. And in the Czech Republic, which I really like.

-What did you say music for film millionaire from shacks?

I know a composer AR Rahman, we have cooperated together. A few years ago came to my home to the studio and we spent a nice moment. His music for the millionaires of the shacks is brilliant, but works primarily in conjunction with the film. I was slightly disappointed when I let it alone. Without the film loses a little strength.
Profile PM 
Robbie Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 09:32

Here is the instrumentarium for In-Doors tour!

2x Elka Synthex,
2 x MemoryMOOGs,
Prophet 5,
Roland Jupiter 8,
Fairlight CMI,
Eminent,
Haken Fingerboard,
3 x EMS AKS,
2 x ARP 2600,
2 x EMS VCS 3,
MOOG Taurus,
Roland TR 909,
Roland TR 808,
Korg PS 3200,
MOOG 55,
ARP 2500,
Roland Juno,
MOOG Source,
Macbeth M5,
2 x Roland D 50,
3 x Loop station,
MOOG Liberation,
Roland S 760,
Synthar,
Theremin,
4 x Minimoogs,
Roland JD 800
...and others...

A Swedish interview:

http://translate.google.co.uk/transla....&u=http

There is an article in German Keyboards magasine, there are no links activated to that, but you can buy them.

http://www1.keyboards.de/magazine/index.html

HURRRAAYY! Tour is going to be started in a week, on 4th May in Debrecen, Hungary!!!!!

Me loooooking forward to hear this 'best of' tour!!!
:)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 10:21

What a gorgeous keyboard set up...featuring lots of my fav analog synths ever.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: April 30 2009, 06:16

Tati we could be like kids in a candy shop if we could have a tinkle of those keys! jarre is amazing! love oxygene, deb
Profile PM 
miar Offline

Posted: May 09 2009, 14:17

Im going to see him play in Oslo this week :)
Can`t wait! All those synthesizers! Fantastic :)

--------------
Mia
---------------
Profile PM WEB 
miar Offline

Posted: May 13 2009, 18:36

Quote (miar @ May 09 2009, 14:17)
Im going to see him play in Oslo this week :)
Can`t wait! All those synthesizers! Fantastic :)

Just came back from watching Jarre :)
He totally kicked ass!
One of the best concerts I`ve been to :)

--------------
Mia
---------------
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: May 13 2009, 19:09

Dunno if Jarre will play here in Brazil one day.I wish I had the chance to see him playing live!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: May 17 2009, 06:10

ok, im home after this great show!
This was just fantastic.. Amazing sound.. so clear :)
He did some few mistakes but nothing serious. he was in a great mood, smiling, jumping. He really loves his fans..
The tracklist was not bad either.. They played Industrial Revolution 3, Magnetic Fields 1, Oxygene 2, Oxygene 5 (second part of the song, the fast sequence), Variation 3, Equinoxe 4 and 5, Magnetic Fields 2, Rendez-vous 2, Calypso 3, Chronologie 6 Chronologie 2, Oxygene 4, Equinoxe 7.
I will upload some pictures later on ;)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: May 19 2009, 09:03

Here is my first video from the concert. Actually, the quality is very good, but i dont know how to upload in hd.. So sorry for its not perfect :) enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z_5MkvCcQQ

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
37 replies since Feb. 21 2009, 06:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net