Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: FOUR tracks from The Millennium Bell, None from Tubular Bells III?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 24 2024, 16:51

Who selected the tracks on this compilation*...I mean they are all very good songs, but four from The Millennium Bell and ZERO from Tubular Bells III is bit unbalanced...or should I say, insane.  And also zero from Tr3s Lunas.

No. Title Place of Origin Length
1. "Guilty" Non-album single, 1979 4:15
2. "Family Man" (with Maggie Reilly) (Oldfield, Tim Cross, Rick Fenn, Mike Frye, Maggie Reilly, Morris Pert) Five Miles Out, 1982 3:48
3. "Five Miles Out" Five Miles Out 4:19
4. "Moonlight Shadow" (with Maggie Reilly) Crises 3:39
5. "Shadow on the Wall" (with Roger Chapman) Crises 3:10
6. "To France" (with Maggie Reilly) Discovery 4:41
7. "Etude" (Francisco Tárrega) The Killing Fields, 1984 4:39
8. "Magic Touch" Islands, 1987 4:17
9. "Islands" (with Bonnie Tyler) Islands 4:20
10. "Heaven's Open" Heaven's Open, 1991 4:31
11. "Tattoo (Live At Edinburgh Castle, 1992)" Tubular Bells II 3:47
12. "The Song of the Sun" (Bieito Romero) Voyager, 1996 4:34
13. "Summit Day" Guitars, 1999 3:47
14. "Lake Constance" The Millennium Bell, 1999 5:18
15. "Broad Sunlit Uplands" The Millennium Bell 4:05
16. "The Doge's Palace" The Millennium Bell 3:08
17. "Amber Light" The Millennium Bell 3:47

18. "Angelique" Light + Shade, 2005 4:41
19. "On My Heart" (with Hayley Westenra) Music of the Spheres 2:28

* Edit: Wikipedia declares "The content of the album was compiled by Oldfield himself" .... Fair enough, who am I to reason why?  But I do wonder if certain pressures and outside suggestions concerning which tracks made the cut and which didn't weren't placed upon Mike.  As we learnt in an earlier post, the cover of The Millennium Bell seems to blatantly "predict" "9/11", and considering the ideas behind some of the tracks on that album...maybe there was a definite intention to promote it with this release, especially coming as it did just days after the opening ceremony of the London Olympics (for example, "Broad Sunlit Uplands" is a song glorifying Britain, just as hosting an Olympics did.  I won't get started on the topic of "Liberation" & how it works into the "9/11" theme, since that topic is too sensitive & taboo, but I am glad that at least it wasn't included here).  However, if our correspondent Milamber is correct and "there [really] are no coincidences!":  Sir Lucian Grainge became CEO of Universal Music Group, who published Two Sides via imprint Mercury Records, just 1 short year before it was released.  Of course The Millennium Bell was published by Warner, but ultimately all these megacorporations are more or les owned and controled by the same group of people (or "people") with the selfsame agenda.
Profile PM 
0 replies since June 24 2024, 16:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net